Thread: Change of employer after filing EOI

Default Change of employer after filing EOI

Hi again

Would like to seek your advise again regarding our situation. After our EOI got selected from the pool, my husband got a redundancy notice from his previous employer. By the grace of God, after few weeks, he got a job offer. We haven't submitted our documents to the immigration yet for our residency.

My question is, do we have to apply for another work visa or can we proceed in filing our residency now without changing my husband's work visa?

Thank you

You should always maintain your legal status in NZ. If that redundancy rendered your current work visa invalid, you should get another work visa to maintain your legal status in NZ.

I believe your husband was on a temporary work visa (essential skills). If that's correct, it will have been linked to the previous job he had. As soon as that job fell through, the visa lapsed. He needs to contact INZ as soon as possible to get another temporary work visa - the old one does NOT cover him for this present, new job.

I always find this forum very informative. Thanks guys for always helping me out.