Thread: Time limit to travel after Migration Levy is paid

Post Time limit to travel after Migration Levy is paid

Hi,

I have applied for SMC visa and my application has been Approved in Principle.

We are looking for jobs from our country and I have few questions in mind:
    1. If I pay Migration Levy (for myself and other co-applicants), is there a time limit before I need to travel?
    2. Or Can we have Visa stamps on our passport and wait for right time to travel? I mean may be in next 6 months or a year.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Ankur

You have six months to send in the Migrant Levy and your passports, to have the visa stickers put in. Then, from the date on the visas, you have 12 months more before you MUST arrive in NZ and activate the visas by presenting them to Immigration at the airport. If you miss that 'use by' date, the visa lapses and it would all be for nothing, so if you are going to be travelling nearly at the end of your allowable time, build in an extra week or two to allow for travel delays, as no excuses are accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You have six months to send in the Migrant Levy and your passports, to have the visa stickers put in. Then, from the date on the visas, you have 12 months more before you MUST arrive in NZ and activate the visas by presenting them to Immigration at the airport. If you miss that 'use by' date, the visa lapses and it would all be for nothing, so if you are going to be travelling nearly at the end of your allowable time, build in an extra week or two to allow for travel delays, as no excuses are accepted.
    Thanks JandM.

Does it mean for example that in the AIP letter, date by which migration levy must be paid is 01-Oct-2014. I need to send my passports before this date.

And, what will be the date on the visa? Will be it 1 year from the date I have paid migration levy or is it the date when AIP letter is sent?

Please help in clarifying above.

Regards,
    Ankur

Does it mean for example that in the AIP letter, date by which migration levy must be paid is 01-Oct-2014. I need to send my passports before this date.
    Yes, they need to be there IN TIME FOR that date. Make sure you don't miss it.

And, what will be the date on the visa? Will be it 1 year from the date I have paid migration levy or is it the date when AIP letter is sent?
    The 12 months before you MUST be in NZ is from when you have paid the Migrant Levy and the visa goes in your passport.

Thanks JandM.

Regards,
    Ankur