Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emirates / SAS

Default Emirates / SAS

Looking at flights I could not believe the difference in flight prices for us
    to go with Emirates to Christchurch.

Fly from Birmingham, stop over in Dubai, then on to Christchurch, about £500 cheaper than via Sinagpore with SAS from Manchester. (I live in B'ham)

Is there a reason why it is not a good idea?

Jo

No Its a brilliant idea. Flew over in feb with emirates.

Wanted to again but decided to go via LA to see FIL. Dubai airport is new and v pleasant too.

Would use emirates again over NZ airways.

Deborah

Default website?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo and Andy
    Looking at flights I could not believe the difference in flight prices for us
    to go with Emirates to Christchurch.

Fly from Birmingham, stop over in Dubai, then on to Christchurch, about £500 cheaper than via Sinagpore with SAS from Manchester. (I live in B'ham)

Is there a reason why it is not a good idea?
    Hi Jo & Andy, could you give us a bit more info on the emirates route?
    we're not far from B'ham

cheers

Kat

I went to www.emirates.com and did a one way with two destinations I think, came out about £13?? 2 adults 1 child in Nov (bet I did something wrong now).

THought of a 2 / 3 day stop.

Been told that Dubai should be very nice that time of year, good planes, 500 channels on the seat back tv's.

will look more tomorrow.

Where are you from? When are you going?

JO

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    Hi Jo & Andy, could you give us a bit more info on the emirates route?
    we're not far from B'ham

cheers

Kat

Jo, I've never flown Emirates but they always get good reviews. They're right up there with Singapore for service etc. And my friend who lives in Dubai tells me that the humidity and so on get more comfortable from October (she wants me to do the London-Dubai-Auckland route!). Another friend of mine has been to Dubai on holiday twice with two little ones and loves it!

Hope this helps
    Debs

Debs. It may interest you to know ( if you didnt already) that Emirates fly from Gatwick to Auckland, as well as from Heathrow.

Thanks for that Timbo - definately would be easier than Heathrow. Will bear that in mind when we finally get around to booking airfares!!

Debs

And, for those in Scotland, I believe Emirates fly to NZ from Glasgow !!

Talking Emirates

We ( me, wife and the 4 kids) flew with emirates for our visit to NZ back in March/April. They were excellent. Its worth knowing they run a skywards reward program. Once you get about 25000 airmiles ( i.e NZ and back) you get upgraded to silver members means you get business class check in facilities and use of their airport lounges etc. Plus you can redeem the airmiles on some of the hotels.
    You can also book seats ahead if you have kids whether you are silver members or not. This is brilliant as it saves having to wait in the check in queue.- After checking the length of the queue just run off have a macdonalds or something and then come back when the queue has about 5 in it brilliant! Saves all the hassle with the kids moaning about 'How much longer'!!? etc.
    They also have excellent in plane entertainment ( ICE) with tele in the back of all the seats with about 40 games about 50 odd movies and 100's of music channels. The kids wern't bored at all and nor was I . You can even see the runway when your taking off via onborad cameras etc.
    On the way home we actually had a delay ( result of problems at melbourne) this carried on to Dubai where we missed the connecting flight. Emirates put us all up ( two interconnecting rooms) in a 5 star hotel with meal tickets and also gave us a ticket for a free tour of Dubai! We didn't mind being late at heathrow!! I would say this was in April we had a picture taken in front of the Al burg 7 star hotel paddling the water the air temperature was 33c and the water 28c just like a bath. I would say it would be too hot in June July etc. but April seemed fine.
    We are flying tomorrow and stopping in the JW Marrito courtesy of Emirates airmiles for a couple of days before starting the new life in Auckland.

can't say enough good about emirates they have treated us as if we were royalty.

going to join Skywards and earn some bonus points ready for next year - my boss has just flown to singapore via dubai with emirates on thursday - he wont fly any other apparently

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast