Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newzealand skilled migrant visa process

Default Newzealand skilled migrant visa process

Hi
    I am planning to apply for skilled migrant category visa of NZ. I have few questions which i have mentioned below.

1: Is there any specific time period to apply for this skilled migrant visa? or one can apply for the EOI as and when required? if yes

2: what is the minimum and maximum time frame for this entire process if i start the process in june 2014?

3:Regarding the EOI process when i check for the points i get 145 points and sometimes i feel i am eligible only for few categories and the points come to 120. but the bottom line is i get 120

points for sure but i want to get out of the pool . in order to do that i need 140+ points any help regarding that would be greatly appreciated.

4:For the recognized qualifications i need my BTEcH(computerscience and engineering degree) to be assessed by NZQA.for EOI i have to go for PAR(pre assesment result) and later when i get ITA then i

need to have full assessment(I didnt understand this ? do i need to send all my btech degree orginal certificates or if i send the certified copies( legally authorised) would that suffice?

5:I had my education in english medium and i am good at english. even though i may not be excellent. Is ielts mandatory ?

6:I am working as a senior software engineer on .net with 7 years experience and i had been trying to get a job from NZ employer but they all want legal permit to work in NZ. until and unless i get

job offer i cant apply for work permit and for work permit visa they need job offer it has become catch 22 situation for me. what are the chances of getting PR or atleast what is the chance of

getting job search visa of 9 months?

7:As i don't have any job offer i believe there will be a visa interview down the line. how would be the interview taken is it in person or phone? if it is in person then do i need to fly to

newzealand or the visa officer will call me to one of the immigration offices in india?

Quote Originally Posted by karurkrishna View Post
    Hi

1: Is there any specific time period to apply for this skilled migrant visa? or one can apply for the EOI as and when required?
    Whenever you like.

2: what is the minimum and maximum time frame for this entire process if i start the process in june 2014?
    There is no way to be certain. Each case takes as long as it takes, for the INZ officials to check all your evidence, and their workload may be more or less depending on how many applications have come in at the same time or just before yours. You can get the current estimate, based on how things have been recently, by looking at the INZ website for the branch you will have to send in your papers to, 'processing times' page.

3:Regarding the EOI process when i check for the points i get 145 points and sometimes i feel i am eligible only for few categories and the points come to 120. but the bottom line is i get 120 points for sure but i want to get out of the pool . in order to do that i need 140+ points any help regarding that would be greatly appreciated.
    If you would care to put up a list of the things you are claiming points for, people will be able to comment on whether they think you are justified.

4:For the recognized qualifications i need my BTEcH(computerscience and engineering degree) to be assessed by NZQA.for EOI i have to go for PAR(pre assesment result) and later when i get ITA then i need to have full assessment(I didnt understand this ? do i need to send all my btech degree orginal certificates or if i send the certified copies( legally authorised) would that suffice?
    You don't need to bother with PAR. Go directly to IQA, which is required for submission of the ITA, and is reliable, which PAR isn't necessarily. As to what you need to send, see the instructions here, on the NZQA website. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...on-assessment/
    5:I had my education in english medium and i am good at english. even though i may not be excellent. Is ielts mandatory ?
    Although in the last resort, a CO can require IELTS in case of doubt, if you can provide proof of where and how you were educated (a separate letter from the provider of your qualification(s) stating that you attended the complete course, which was taught in English), this should serve as proof of English ability. Last year, there was trouble for many applicants from India because it was discovered that some establishments had been providing false statements, which led to a distrust of some such letters, and a higher than normal requirement for IELTS, but I believe this situation has calmed down somewhat now. You can but try, and hope it goes smoothly in your case.
    6:I am working as a senior software engineer on .net with 7 years experience and i had been trying to get a job from NZ employer but they all want legal permit to work in NZ. until and unless i get job offer i cant apply for work permit and for work permit visa they need job offer it has become catch 22 situation for me. what are the chances of getting PR or atleast what is the chance of getting job search visa of 9 months?
    Many people are in the same situation. See old threads on the forum for comments. Here's an old post from me. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....952#post359952
    7:As i don't have any job offer i believe there will be a visa interview down the line. how would be the interview taken is it in person or phone? if it is in person then do i need to fly to newzealand or the visa officer will call me to one of the immigration offices in india?
    It is more common for interviews to be on the phone than in person, but if you are required to be seen face to face, you certainly won't have to go to NZ for it.

Thanks a lot JandM!
    Regarding the points i have checked the below link

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iapply/points/

25 points: 30-39 years(yes)
    20 points: 40-44 years
    10 points: 45-49 years
    5 points: 50-55 years.

Close family
    10 points for close family in New Zealand.(NO)

Skilled employment
    50 points: job offer(NO job offer)
    50 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for less than 12 months(NO)
    60 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for more than 12 months.(NO)

Bonus points
    10 points: work in an identified future growth area(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points: work in a region outside Auckland(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    20 points if partner has a skilled job or job offer.(NO)

Work experience in skilled employment
    10 points: 2 years
    15 points: 4 years
    20 points: 6 years( yes)
    25 points: 8 years
    30 points: 10 years.

Bonus points for work experience in New Zealand:
    Five points: one year(NO)
    10 points: two years( NO)
    15 points: three or more years.(NO)

And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
    10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
    15 points: 6 or more years experience.(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)

And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
    10 points: 2 to 5 years
    15 points: 6 or more years.(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)

Qualifications
    40 points: recognised level 4-6 qualification (e.g. trade qualification, diploma)
    50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)(YES)
    60 points: recognised level 9 or 10 post-graduate qualification (masters degree, doctorate)

Bonus points for qualifications:
    10 points: two years full-time study in New Zealand completing a recognised bachelor degree New Zealand qualification (No)
    10 points: One year of full-time study in New Zealand completing a recognised post-graduate New Zealand qualification (No)
    15 points: two years of full-time study in New Zealand completing a recognised post-graduate New Zealand qualification (No)
    10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area ----->(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage--->(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points if your partner holds a level 4-6 qualification (No)
    20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification. (No)

If you look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm, you will find all the detailed regulations about how you can qualify for points. SM6 has a chart of available points, with the last column showing which other heading to look at for the requirements.

It's impossible for someone else not knowing the details of your personal history to answer questions such as, 'Am I eligible?' But you will be able to check your circumstances at that link above.

Thank you.
    One more question regarding the funds of NZ $10000 to $15000 to be shown. when it will be asked and what documents do i need to submit as a proof?

CASE 1:I have checked the immigration site and my .net skills as a developer is in the identified future growth area besides area of absolute skills shortage. my question is can i claim the points only if i have a skilled employment in newzealand or can i claim the below bonus points irrespective of the skilled employment category?
    Skilled employment
    50 points: job offer(NO job offer)
    50 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for less than 12 months(NO)
    60 points: working in a skilled job in New Zealand for more than 12 months.(NO)

Bonus points
    10 points: work in an identified future growth area(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)
    10 points: work in a region outside Auckland(Am i eligible for this bonus points?

CASE 2:I have checked the immigration site and my .net skills as a developer is in the identified future growth area besides area of absolute skills shortage. my question is can i claim the points if i have work experience anywhere outside newzealand(i have work exp in India)?

Bonus points for work experience in New Zealand:
    Five points: one year(NO)
    10 points: two years( NO)
    15 points: three or more years.(NO)

And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
    10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
    15 points: 6 or more years experience.(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)

And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
    10 points: 2 to 5 years
    15 points: 6 or more years.(Am i eligible for this bonus points?)

CASE 3:I have checked the immigration site and my btech (computer science degree comes under level 7)hence i can claim the points for qualification in identified future growth area besides area of absolute skills shortage.correct me if i am wrong here.

Qualifications
    50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)(YES)

Bonus points for qualifications:

10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area ----->
    10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage--->

You can ONLY get ANY of the points for identified future growth area if you have a job offer or job in NZ. Outside the country and without a job offer, you can claim points for an area of absolute skills shortage, if that applies, instead.

You need to look at the regulations about what qualifies as skilled work experience. It depends in some cases on what country it was acquired in, and further, can depend on whether the employer was, or not, a multinational.

Thank you.
    One more question regarding the funds of NZ $10000 to $15000 to be shown. when it will be asked and what documents do i need to submit as a proof?

Could you give the link to where you have seen mention of that?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsma...hive/11937.htm

i believe i am wrong.Little bit of chaos while gathering the info.
    Applicants must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and any accompanying family members for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, that is,

(if they have pre paid accommodation), a sum of NZ$400 per person, per month; and
    (if they do not have pre paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$1,000 per person per month.

Applicants must also provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand for themselves and any accompanying family members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast