Thread: EOI - Fortnightly Selection

Question EOI - Fortnightly Selection

New Zealand Residence Programme - Skilled Migrant Category fortnightly selection

EOIs are selected fortnightly by Immigration New Zealand. I just wish to know at what time this selection takes place and which applications are considered for selection e.g. are the EOIs submitted on the date of selection considered?

Hi,

The SMC EOI selection took place at approximately 1.00pm New Zealand time on every fortnight Wednesday. So I think its good to submit a day before the end date

All applications "in the pool" (submitted) before 12.59pm , fortnightly, Wednesday with more than 140 points (or 100 points, with a job offer )will be selected.
    The most recent draw was 3 hours ago, at 1.00pm Wednesday 1 October.

got mine selected. Hoping for a good result on verification.
    May I ask what is the next step on this and normally how long those it take for the ITA be sent?

Quote Originally Posted by fespenido View Post
    got mine selected. Hoping for a good result on verification.
    May I ask what is the next step on this and normally how long those it take for the ITA be sent?
    The ITA timeline varies depending on the centre where your application is being processed.
    Going by your location, yours should be either in Shanghai or Beijing. Typically, it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 02 months.

Note, this is only a rough estimate. I got mine(based in Singapore earlier) in about a month's time.

All the best!

Thanks for the reply. Will they normally send an email about ITA or snail mail?

Second question, what if now i change my address, how do i request this to be updated so that mail will arrive on my new address?

Thanks

Email or snail mail depends, but going by my case, it was an email that came with all the attachments necessary for ITA.
    if your address is changed, you can let them know by replying to the same email that you would have received confirming your EOI being selected.

Or you can login to INZ site, go to your application and there should be some communication tab...( you might have to check this, i can't recall this correctly ).

Else, simply call or email the general INZ helpline to inform them of the status and quote your EOI no.

Quote Originally Posted by fespenido View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Will they normally send an email about ITA or snail mail?

Second question, what if now i change my address, how do i request this to be updated so that mail will arrive on my new address?

Thanks