Thread: Birth in nz, eligible for Health services?

Default Birth in nz, eligible for Health services?

Hello everybody,

I am pregnant and currently applying for a partnership temporary Work Visa Application. One of the questions is if I am or will be eligible for publicly funded maternity health services and can provide evidence of it. So I was looking at the guide to eligibilit for public health services and as far as I could see i think I donīt can get it. Because if i get this visa it would be probably just for one year, since my partner and me have been less than a year together. And minimu would be a work visa holder who stays in NZ for 2 years or more. However, my partner is New Zealand citizen and we anyway intend to marry, so could this help? Does anyone know.......and what would be the evidence I should provide for the VISA Application. I hope someone has experience with it.
    Thank you and have a good day!
    Manni

You will be eligible for publicly funded maternity services, because, as your partner is a NZer, your baby will be a NZ citizen from birth. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...nancy-services. You will need to show evidence of your partner's citizenship, and his acknowledgement that he is the father of your child.

Thank you! Thatīs really great news for me

You would be eligible

Hi Manni,

I am not sure whether you will be eligible for free maternity or not. But i feel you need to have some visa to legally stay in NZ.

I want to share one of my friend who experienced same experience like you.

My friend got married-23/12/2012
    My Friend on Student Visa at the time of marriage but he came to NZ around 2006 he worked here for 4 years.
    After marriage he completed the studies and applied for 1 year work visa
    My friend wife got NZ visit visa which valid up to same period as my friend work visa
    My friend wife got pregnant in 18/04/2013( But only lived together for 2-3 months but they legally married)
    when she got pregnant my friend sent all the visas he got stamped in his passport from the day he arrived NZ including her wife current visa to eligibility team(Health Services).
    They got eligibility letter approved from health services.

My suggestion is here to get temporary visa to legally stay in NZ and then send your partner NZ passport copy or NZ citizen certificate including your stamped visa to health services.

Hope this message helps you.

Hello pradnz
    thank you, its nice to hear a successful story from your friedns who were in a similar situation like me. yes actually i am just applying now for the temporary partnership visa and hope to get it confirmed soon and good to know that i also need to send it to the health service thank you
    all the best