Thread: Statement of Experience

Red face Statement of Experience

I am claiming points for my work experience from other countries (it is recognize in NZ).
    I have only a certificate of employment. The EOI need to fill a portion where you will state you experience in there.

I don't want to go overboard because the more I write maybe more evidence will be required such that I did these and that.

Is two paragraphs is enough that only state this is my position and worked on these "projects' and you can contact my previous manager to verify?

I am currently employed in NZ on WTR scheme for 10 months now. And now filling my EOI for SMC to get a residency.

Any inputs chaps?

What INZ need to know is that the job is skilled, in line with the qualification you're proving, and full-time. You will need at the ITA stage to show proof of your responsibilities, pay, hours, and start and finish dates.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What INZ need to know is that the job is skilled, in line with the qualification you're proving, and full-time. You will need at the ITA stage to show proof of your responsibilities, pay, hours, and start and finish dates.
    Thanks JandM. I am little confused with these statements:

Please indicate why your job is skilled. Give a detailed reason in support of your claim for your points. We recommend that you first check our definition of skilled employment.

how your employment will achieve this; and
    what evidence you can provide to show that you have an international reputation and record of excellence in your occupational field.

Obviously my title as G Engineer is on the shortage list. So I think I just need to put a short line that this is my job title and the evidence is the certificate of employment where it says I am a G Engineer. Does it make sense?

I do have "tax" statement with me.

The thing is "record of excellence in your occupational field" is I am not really sure what to say.

Else, I will pull the trigger and hit submit and wait for ITA and officer to ask later on.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30545.htm SM7.10 and SM7.15 have the regulations which define Skilled Employment.

Also, on the main INZ website here, http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ledemployment/, it mentions that part about an international reputation and record of excellence as an alternative possibility, in case you can't prove skilled employment in one of the normal ways.

Therefore, you probably need to pick out the core issues from the first link, and state how your job matches up to them.

Thanks JandM! You are awesome.

Now make more sense.