Thread: Applying Visa after Being Refused once . .

Default Applying Visa after Being Refused once . .

Hi folks,

recently in April 2011 i got graduated and obtained a Diploma in Information Technology NZQA level 5 and then applied for a Graduate job search Visa. There was a requirement to show $2100 of funds in bank account so i borrowed money from colleagues to show it for evidence.

Later,I was declined a Graduate experience Visa in July 2012 and at that time i had a Job offer as an IT Technician and all the requirements for the visa.

My Visa was refused due to providing false/misleading information in my Graduate Job Search visa which was stated by the Visa officer. I did not ask for a re-assessment neither I over-stayed - I left New Zealand immediately.

It has been two years and I am planning move NZ to begin again. My main concern is will there be any hindrance to any visa i apply due to my refusal in July 2012 or my applications be declined?

Sorry to say, but I think there would always be a hindrance to your visa applications, as one has to declare if his/her visa was ever declined and the reason for it. Having said that, you should seek help from an Immigration Consultant for your case, as it is not a straightforward one.

My Visa was refused due to providing false/misleading information in my Graduate Job Search visa which was stated by the Visa officer.
    What was the 'false/misleading information'? Are you saying this was about the borrowed money?

Yes, I borrowed money to meet the requirements of the Graduate Job search Visa. So I deposited money 24 april 2011 and and after asking for a bank statement (to show INZ that i have funds available as a requirement) I withdrew money same day after few hours. by the time my application reached the case officer there was no money in my bank. HOWEVER my applicaton was approved in 5 days and I obtained a Job offer as an IT Technician and when i applied fr Graduate Experience work Visa for extension the immigration officer puuled out my previous case and investigated it so i was found providing false/misleading information and my Graduate experience visa got Refused and i came back to my home country immediately.

I am planning to come to NZ. Now whatever happened in past will always be an issue for sure even though I do everything right in my future application . . . I seek advise how to be successful in any applications.

I have NZQA level 5 Diploma In IT
    2 years relevant experience in Fiji and 6 months relevant experience in NZ
    22 years of age - single

I plan to enter NZ in a Visitor Visa and then apply for seasonal supplementary Work visa so that I will have a valid work visa to apply for IT positions in NZ. Once i obtain a job offer in IT I will apply for Essential skills work Visa.

Please advise if this sounds okay or not.

Cheers,

Not sure on the rules etc... but I'm pretty sure you would be declined.. if you gave misleading information but good luck < Stays with you as far as i know.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What was the 'false/misleading information'? Are you saying this was about the borrowed money?
    Yes, I borrowed money to meet the requirements of the Graduate Job search Visa. So I deposited money 24 april 2011 and and after asking for a bank statement (to show INZ that i have funds available as a requirement) I withdrew money same day after few hours. by the time my application reached the case officer there was no money in my bank. HOWEVER my applicaton was approved in 5 days and I obtained a Job offer as an IT Technician and when i applied fr Graduate Experience work Visa for extension the immigration officer puuled out my previous case and investigated it so i was found providing false/misleading information and my Graduate experience visa got Refused and i came back to my home country immediately.

Are you quite sure that it is because of the money situation that you were later declined? The wording states, "evidence that they have a minimum of $4,200 in funds available to maintain themselves during their 12 month stay in New Zealand (travellers' cheques or bank documents in the applicant's name are acceptable). If that visa was approved and a later one was declined, did they ask for more bank statements with the later one? Did you then send them a bank statement that showed the immediate withdrawal of the funds? If it is definitely this issue, they could reasonably argue that you did not have the funds available for your maintenance and you knew you were providing false/misleading information. I suggest that if you want to reapply you should talk to INZ first and then, depending what they say, this is an occasion when I might engage an immigration lawyer. I think you will face a lot of problems though and it may not just be New Zealand applications that are affected.