Thread: work visa

Default work visa

i have open post study work visa, which expires in march 2015, and i just got a job offer at a call centre in wellington city council (accredited employer), but it is one year contract, and the contract expires in june 2015 (with possibility of turning into permanent employee after one year). do i need to get a new work visa through city council? and if i want to apply for essential skill work visa, does the employer still have to do job searching thing even though the employer is an accredited employer? (my salary is less than $55,000 annum... and my degree (bachelor of commerce) is not related to my job.

On your current visa you can work for any employer in any occupation. As the job offer is still for one year and you have plenty of time left you can start now without a new visa. Maybe you can talk them into a permanent offer in the next few months! If this job is relevant to the studies you completed in NZ then you can have a Graduate Work Experience Visa for 2 years. However, once the offer is permanent you could apply for a Work to Residence Visa: Accredited Employer or even to residence if you have the points and meet the criteria for the occupation. Accredited employers do not have to provide evidence that job was advertised etc so long as the applicant meets the INZ and ANZSCO criteria. This is a broad brushstroke. Don't know enough about your circumstances to help further.

the job is not relevant to my study according to the immigration officer, and i dont think i can apply for a work to residence visa as i do not meet the minimum salary requirement.
    So i was wondering, for the essential skill work visa (not work to residence), does the accredited employer still have to provide evidence of job advertisements?