Thread: First landing base in NZ

Default First landing base in NZ

Hello All,

We ( myself, wife & 3-month old son ) have been granted residence. All is done, stickers are shining out the passport.
    Now, we are planning to make the move to NZ in the next two months. The thought point is which city to land in first. In our case, my wife won't be working soon. I am into IT and the opportunities are in Auckland, followed by Wellington & about few in Christchurch.

Wellington seems to be at the centre, with same distance to auckland & christchurch.So moving across for interview would be better.
    It will be great if we can get some inputs on where to stay when we reach, we will also be shipping our stuff over, hence that luggage stuff would also be needed.

Appreciate inputs. Thank You!

Hi there,
    that's a tricky one to answer and I think only you and your wife can do so by looking at what the different cities have to offer.
    Not only job wise for you, but for your wife - what kind of support network will she find around her or can she develop in the different cities? My view is that given the difference in size of the cities there would be more of a difference for her than for you.