Thread: Skilled migrant trouble

Question Skilled migrant trouble

My story begins

ITA received 2 September 2013

file lodged 15 September 2013

co assigned 9 Jan 2014

Questions to my employer 1 April -employer reply 13 April within deadline after that i did not heard anything from my co its been like 1 and half month

I worked in a small company as a office manager on the pay 31,200 k which is kind like 15 doll per hour

i heard so many WORDS that inz considered salary which should be match to market rate.I check on career website its like 53 k for office manager .
    I have no adviser please advise me what is next and what should i do if officer raised a question about salary.

Hi Firstly, you can only tell the truth. Any attempt to mislead or alter the truth could lead to a permanent character mark against your name that would ruin this and any future attempts at immigration. Secondly, the average for office managers is listed on TradeMe as $47,000 with a range of $35,000 - $75,000. INZ will want to check if you are genuinely carrying out the majority of duties described in ANZSCO for your occupation. If you are below the normal range for this job, they will want to know why. If this is a very small company and you are new to the role, there might be a case for the lower salary. They will also be checking out the financial viability of the company to ensure that they will be able to afford to continue trading an paying you.

Thanks for answering my questions karen.
    I would like to say that every information i provided ti inz is extremely genuine.Second i would like to ask you that aim not doing payroll coz this is a small company so directors only do payroll and all that.And my employer mention that too in the questions which my co sent to him.But when i see on ANZSCO they written payroll and hiring in core task.
    Please make some comments or ideas.Thanks.

Hi. Payroll and hiring is only mentioned in the "such as...." item, so it may not be important if you are doing everything else. INZ may also have questions about the financial viability of a small company. It is impossible to know without a lot more information. I suggest you try not to get too stressed about it. If they have decided that there is problem, they will write to you and tell you what the problem is and give you a chance to respond. This is when you can provide extra evidence, good reason why you are currently on a low salary etc. I don't suppose being told not to get stressed will help one bit, but it is the only advice I can give right now. If you have any further questions, just ask. Good luck!

Thanks karen its really helpful for me.I will comment down if any update receive from Inz.Thanks