Thread: wellington

Default wellington

Hi Guys

Ok im a newbie here so unsure of what to do. I have been living in the top of the north island for a few years now but will be soon making the big move to wellington.

My question is where in upper hutt should we avoid living? I have been told about a few areas but i really need an honest point of view from someone who wont lie, and who better to ask then someone who doesnt know me right?

So any info on different areas would be much appreciated

Cheers

We've only been living in Upper Hutt for about 4 months now, so we might not be the best to give advise. I don't know if there are really bad areas (maybe Timberlea and Brown Owl), however we feel that south of the CBD has more good areas than north. We live in Silverstream and really like it.

I grew up in Stokes Valley (Lower Hutt), lived in the US for 10 years, returned last year. Never in a million years did I see myself (now family) living in Upper Hutt, but we are! We have a big family and they're all within a few minutes of us, which is why we're here.

We rented in Emerald Hill (really just a new development in Timberlea/Brown Owl). It was a new house was nice but the area was average. I'd avoid Brown Owl/Timberlea/parts of Trentham and Wallaceville.

When we were looking to buy we'd look at Silverstream/Heretaunga/Parts of Trentham. We bought a place in Heretaunga.