Thread: WTR via Talent (Accredited Employer) route: Timeline?

Default WTR via Talent (Accredited Employer) route: Timeline?

Just trying to get my head around the minutia of the process.

So, the talent visa is a 30 month visa. Does that, as I suspect, run from date of issue or instead the date of entry?

You then have to wait until you've been employed for 24 months to apply for residence. Would that be from date of entry or from 1st day of employment? I know they're probably usually the same, but it's possible we might have a month off when we first arrive.

I'm concerned that if we sort out the WTR visa too early at this end, we might not have long enough to apply for residence at the tail end of the 30 months.

Of course, I'm working through the forums and the NZIS website, but there appear to be some pretty obscure points (like the $90k leapfrog to PR after 2 years working on a WTR visa)!

Hi. Your visa is activated from the date you enter NZ, so you have 30 months from that date. Once you apply for a WTR:Talent (Accredited employer) visa, because it will be prioritised, don't be surprised if you get it back in a few days - they are very fast with this category at present in London. You have 3 months to enter NZ once visa is issued. Then, yes, after 24 months you can apply for residence or, if you have a salary of $90K or more, you can apply for permanent residence. When you have made enough posts (5) to be allowed to do so, feel free to send me a Private message and I will send you a summary of the work visa - to residence possibilities. Cheers. Karen

Hi Karen ,

Is it possible to apply for PR immeditaley after entering NZ if applicant has WTR:Talent (Accredited employer) visa and salary is $90K or more ?

No.

Once in NZ with a skilled job that qualifies, it is possible to apply immediately for Residence under SMC, but that is a different scheme from the WTR route.