Thread: Question????:(

Default Question????:(

Hi All,

I am currently on Partner sponsored based work visa which expires in June. My partner had to withdrawn her residence application as her employer had some issues with employment law. Luckily i have skilled employment so I just applied for work visa from my job. At the same time i have offered another good job . I asked my immigration adviser that i wana change my job but he told me that you cannot apply for variation of condition if you get ur visa from ur currant job as it is with INZ at the moment. He said after graduate job search visa if people who are on 2 years work permit they can apply for variation of condition but as you applied through your partner after you job search and now you applied for another work visa under essential skill so u cannot change ur job if u get ur work visa . According to new rule as my adviser said:

**Graduate Job Search Visa
    **2 or 3 Years Work Permit-----Can apply for variation of condition
    **Another work visa-----Cannot apply for variation of condition

It feels bit silly that if somebody doesn't like his/her job then can they not change it.
    Is it true?

Regards
    Jatin

Hi. But if the new job is skilled and you have the right qualifications and/or experience, no Kiwis available, 30 hours a week plus, right salary range etc, then you can apply for a new Essential Skills Work Visa. Each job is judged on how it meets the criteria.