Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approved in Principle

Default Approved in Principle

Hey all,

I have received my API letter today.
    Just wanted to share my timelines with you as it may help others too.

Jan 2012 got my first Work Visa partnership based (Partner was the main applicant with Skilled Job).
    April 2012 got my current IT Skilled Job
    EOI submitted 5th of March 2014 me being principle applicant and my partner became the supported applicant(with JO and 260 points)
    EOI selected 19th of March
    ITA received 31st of March
    ITA logged 17th of April
    CO assigned and called me to introduce herself on 23rd of May. She emailed the same day for Payslips, IRD earnings and some more recent docs for partnership evidence. Same day she emailed the employer for more details about my day to day work.
    Emailed the CO back myself and the employer's in 2 working days more of less(27th of May)
    3rd of June Online status changed to approved and received the AIP letter on my email a couple of hours later.

Thanks to all that replied to my threads and concerns.

Congrats!
    That's awesome and sooooo quick!!

Can I ask where your ITA was lodged?

Thanks Lilie!

Auckland City Branch.

Also forgot to mention that I had to apply for Work visa mid may as It was about to expiry mid June, so it got approved for a year on the 24th of May, but the residency got processed a week after the money was already paid.... Good that we got it though
    I think having a job offer and work experience in NZ makes a big difference, or it may be my impression.
    Looking back I would recommend people to learn from other's experiences, but always remember that each case is special and what applies to one, may not apply to another.
    Any concern you have on your own application, just ask your case officer(if you have one). Mine was awesome. Always replying to my emails and concerns even after the AIP letter.

Hi Krissty,

In my case: EOI 140pts SMC I'm the first applicant and my husband is under partnership visa
    ITA lodged 1st Nov 2013
    CO allocated 12th April 2014
    Had to renew work visa late April as current ones expired on 7th May and CO said decision won't be made by then
    Work visa approved early May
    email from CO on 10th May replying to my update request said our application was with verification team and could take 15 days to get back to her. Mentioned she was busy and may not be able to answer update request.

It's been 4 weeks since last email and I haven't heard from her... I don't dare bother her again
    Neither my employer nor me has been asked for more information or documents.

Called this morning the Henderson Branch call center: officer said apparently my application was still w/ verification team, agreed it was long but always remind us that decision is made between 6 and 9 months in average...

Do you know if your application has been submitted to a 2nd person check before your statue changed to approved? if yes how long did it take between your CO approved in principle and 2nd person check confirm your residency?

I'm really anxious as it has been 7 months since we lodged everything, and almost 2 months since CO allocated, and we don't even know where we are in the process...so your experience is quite interesting for me

Congrates!

Thanks Alishah!

@Lilia
    As far as I know, there was no 2nd check. Since the assignment of the case officer, the whole process lasted 10 days including this last long weekend. I was surprised too. Not sure it it matters by the signature of my CO said that she's a senior CO.

As the whole process since receiving my ITA I had 3 Immigration officers email me(First was the one that sent me the ITA package through email, the 2nd verified documents and charged my CC for the residence fee after logging the ITA in the first week and then a month of silence until the case officer was assigned). While waiting for a CO, I called the immi office for work visa questions and they mentioned me that my residency application is in a "Managed queue" waiting to be assigned to a CO and that all docs were verified and look ok. Not sure if this procedure is specific to the Auckland City branch, but looks like all my documents were verified before the CO analysed them.

Not sure why or how my application took only approx. 2.5 months since EOI, but I have seen other cases similar too, even faster. I can just wish you all the best and that the wait will end soon and get your good news soon!

Thank you for sharing,

I'm really happy for but I have to reckon, that it is a really frustrating for me to see case, even at the same branch as me, been approved so quickly, and mine still waiting..

I would absolutely recommand to ANYONE not to logded your application at Henderson ever... My CO is also a senior officer (but I think they are almost all senior CO..)

Hi Krissty,

Did your case office interviewed you and your employer? Or the decision was made after you submitted your docs and replied email on 27th May.
    Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

They Insaa,

No interview as in formal interview. When she was assigned to the case on the 23rd of May(Friday), she called for 3-5 minutes and let me know that she was assigned to my application and we had an informal chat. Told her that I am at work, not so busy day.. trivial stuff. She then told me that will send 2 emails one to me and one to the employer. I got the email 15 min after the call ended, and both me and the employer emailed back on Monday/Tuesday.

Staring that point just emails back in forward. Never spoke with her again.
    Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast