Thread: Accredited employer

Default Accredited employer

Dear all,

I truly hope some of you fine people will have proper advice on this.
    I am currently Procurement Manager in one international company.

I have been working in this position for past 1 year. For 5 years before that I've been working as procurement officer.

I am aware that Procurement Manager is on LTSSL but I am unable to collect more then 140 points without job offer and I am certain as well that I would not be able to secure job offer for Procurement Manager once in New Zealand available for interview due to fact I am not native English speaker.

What I hope is to get is less senior or let's say junior position in some NZ company as procurement assistant or officer. This seems like possible to me but since this occupation is not on appendix 6 skilled occupation list I presume that even with that job offer I would not be eligible to apply under SMC since point for job offer would not be counted, correct?

Therefore I am unable to go through SMC route.

Having said all above I was hoping that job offer from accredited employer would allow me to work as procurement officer, but does salary really has to be above 55k or it might be even less in order to get temporary work visa.

If I interprets it well job offer from accredited employer may come for any occupation whether it is on the list or not.

My goal is to get job offer as a procurement officer for at least two years period since that way I would be able to use health care and free school which is important for me since I have two kids.

I would truly appreciate your advise on this situation.
    Is it possible for accredited employer to sponsor any job offer disregarding salary threshold or it is only applicable to salary above 55k?

Best regards!

This is my second thread that no one replies....
    I guess I am unable to state my case clear enough for others to understand my questions...

Can you at least point me to some immigration advisor that would be happy to discuss my case over Skype for 30 min or so, hopefully free of charge, just to point me in right direction?
    Thanks...

Hi,
    not get really what your position is yours, but you don't need to get over 140 points to apply. 100pts can be sufficient and from 140pts your are automatically take from the pool.
    under SMC, it is important to apply under a qualification/experinces/ position that all match together. You can have a really skilled job, but if your really skilled qualification in another sector, you won't be able to claim points for it, same with experiences. Then you can also have more points because youe employer is accredited, outside Auckland, etc..

Hopes it helps

Hi. Firstly, your job needs to be skilled in order to get almost any sort of work visa other than an open work visa as a partner (for example). If it isn't on the List of Skilled Occupations it will probably not count as skilled - and you are right - Procurement Officer = Purchasing officer and is not on the list. So, you need to look at other ANZSCO codes that are similar to what you do and check these on Appendix 6. Have also at this tool as well . You need to look for a close match between the duties you do and the ANZSCO tasks listed. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rement-manager. So, until you have done this, you can't get a work visa. Also be aware, that whilst in theory what Lilie says above is correct, you an apply with 100 points, unless you have 140 points without a job offer or 15 points including 15 points for experience in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage, or 100 or more points including an offer of Skilled Employment (this is where it is getting tricky again) , then you are almost certain to be wasting your time and money and I wouldn't advise it right now. The employer being accredited won't help you unless you can get a job offer. If your English is good, not being a native speaker might not stop you getting that job!

If you want to have a chat on Skype, wait until you have made 5 posts and then send me a private Message. I am not going to have nay free time until next week though. Hope that helps a little. Karen

Thanks Karen!
    I will send you private message to skype a bit when suitable to you.