Thread: How to organize/assemble all your documents in a package/dossier to send your application

Default How to organize/assemble all your documents in a package/dossier to send your application

Hi everyone,

After a week filling out forms, translating documents and doing medical exams, I finally have all the documents that I need to lodge my application!

However, once I’ve prepared all the required documents for the visa application, all that remains is to:
    assemble all the documents in a way that it will be easy for the immigration officer to analyse my application.

WOULD YOU HAVE ANY USEFUL SUGGESTION? THEY WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED!!

My plan is to:
    1) Use the checklist sequence to sort my documents (Find yours on the link bellow)
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...uides/work.htm

2) Assemble each section of the checklist in a "clear sheet protector" and assign a number to each one
    a4-spe.jpg

3) Create a table of contents with all the documents
    table_of_contents_uncovered.gif

4) Put all the sheets in a folder

5) Send my application and cross my fingers!!!

This link bellow gives interesting suggestions about how to do that:
    http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t92449.0.html

Thanks for reading!!

Cheers!

goodluck and finger crossed

The organization into sections following the form, and a cover sheet referring to documents you have numbered, looks great.

The word that comes from INZ down the years is NOT to use plastic pouches or any kind of folders, which make things more difficult for them, and take up extra room in the office.

There's an old thread here. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38818

Dear JandM,

Thank you very much for your time and for your great advice, specially considering that you have done that in a saturday!!! I really appreciate the useful tip and link that you sent me, since you probably "saved" me from doing a mistake! hehe

By any chance could the thread you suggested be a "hot thread", so it would be always on the top of the immigration forum? I think this would help a lot future members since everyone will need to organize documents and send them, no matter which visa one is applying for...

Thanks again!!!

Advise given to me at the time was to make it easy for them. The contents page is a good idea I think. And we sticked to the guidelines supplied on the letters they send us. If the same document was used as proof for two different questions we included it twice. I'm now just over two weeks in a position after entering the country three weeks ago with the residence visa, so our stragety worked well!

One other tip - if you are sending an original document, you can make life easier for INZ staff by attaching a photocopy to it so they have something to keep once the originals have been returned to you.