Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Officer Says Job Duties doesn't Match ANZSCO Description

Default Case Officer Says Job Duties doesn't Match ANZSCO Description

Hello to everyone here 1st ,

I started process of residendcy visa End of November 2013,Submitted my EOI with 155 Points got selected in 1st attempt.Then Week or two after recieved invitation to apply for it.Applied With in a month After Christmas,and it got sent back to me because of the birth certificate issued by embassy in wellingtion.The issue was it had to be original,then i got it from my home country submitted the file early february.
    Finally got a call from Case officer based in Auckland,later on she sent me an email requesting 3 months pay slips and IRD summary from the date i entered country.She sent an E-mail to my employer as well to confirm my job duties,I didn't see what actual questions was in his email.We both replied to CO email,my employer said him,his wife and myself are responsible for making desisions.Where we have shown myself manager in application.Last Month I emailed her to check what CO is upto.She emailed me back after couple of days saying after having a conversation with me and my employer it doesn't seem my job duties match to the job description given in ANZSCO.

Then further she gave me time to reply back with any comments with in 10 days.I tried to talk to my boss to get this thing sorted,he seem to be serious aboutthis issue.He gave her a call a day after and talked with her.He said he is willing to invest money into Rebuild of christchurch and he need quality manager's where he mentioned about me.After all this i replied her back with all the proof to each of the core tasks she discussed in her email,which she has taken from ANZSCO website.I took pictures of every proof i have,Eg. recently hired staff member's contract ,change of suppliers due to poor quality of goods, change in menu ,yearly inspection check done at work place by City Council and as i am manager at cafe so i signed the inspection form,catering for special functions we do( I sent her GST invoices signed by me).

My boss has written a letter as well in reponse to her email to support my application.He has provided a copy of his finances to show he has money to buy another place and he needs me as a manger to run his place.I have written a letter as well to answer all of her questions with evidence.

Question is What is going to be next ?

Thanks for taking time to read all this

Any kind of comments would be greatly appreciated

I think what next is your CO will take a decision,
    Did she mention which duties she wasn't really convinced you are in charge of?
    Can I ask :where did your application has been lodged in Auckland?

Good luck, and finger crossed, I really hope for you it is going to be ok. Other solution would be your boss to open now a new place and let you deal with it, so they wouldn't be any more misunderstanding in your responsibilities. It is a bit frustrating, I know but I think your CO might be a bit picky as cafe manager has been taken out the list of skilled position lats February. Maybe that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by lilie View Post
    I think what next is your CO will take a decision,
    Did she mention which duties she wasn't really convinced you are in charge of?
    Can I ask :where did your application has been lodged in Auckland?

Good luck, and finger crossed, I really hope for you it is going to be ok. Other solution would be your boss to open now a new place and let you deal with it, so they wouldn't be any more misunderstanding in your responsibilities. It is a bit frustrating, I know but I think your CO might be a bit picky as cafe manager has been taken out the list of skilled position lats February. Maybe that's why.
    I lodged application at christchurch branch, the problem is email from my boss to her, boss mentioned himself,his wife and i are the decision maker.where it only should be me.so she has not awarded me the points for SMC and points are below 100 now as i dont get points for living outside of auckland as well.So my reply is to convince her with all those evidence that i am manager and i make decisions there not owner of the cafe

Can you tell us which duties is she talking abut because i think pricing and stock management are the main ones. if your boss messed up on that ones then it could be hard. Good luck though

Hi guys...decision making is the most vital duty of a manager...INZ wants to establish if the manager is running the business as if its his own business...i know it sounds strange but it is a fact...having said that if a good lawyer is contacted...perhaps a solution may be found

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Can you tell us which duties is she talking abut because i think pricing and stock management are the main ones. if your boss messed up on that ones then it could be hard. Good luck though
    She basically Pointed out most of the duties, left couple of them which seems to her i make decision on those ones.But now i have replied her with all the evidence to prove i do all those duties whatever is in the description like staff hiring,pricing,purchasing,change in menu and organising special functions Etc.I have written a letter in that i mentioned i do all those on my own and got that signed by my employer.This might make her think its all genuine what i said to her in a letter

Fingers Crossed

Hoping for good outcome

I know decision making is the most vital part of manager's Role.But in realtion to emails to her from my employer.He stated him,his wife and i can make decision ,where he should have said i make decisions.But in reply to her latest coversation ,i have tried to convince her that i do all those duties by myself.I thought going through a lawyer but i had help from one of my friend she works for ministry of justice.So she has given me ideas ,to get all the evidence to prove my duties that i do.So i have done as she said hopefully this will work out.I have sent these documents last week and hoping for good outcome soon.

Fingers Crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Princesng View Post
    I know decision making is the most vital part of manager's Role
    INZ's wants to establish that you are in total control of the business...total control means akin to owning the business...i know looking for the businesses prospective it depends on the skills of the manager if a boss can rely upon their manager to run the business totallity...i do not mean that you are not in total control but i have seen people not trusting their managers hence not giving them total control...in your case your boss has gave them in written that you are not the sole decision maker that is totally oppossite to what CO wants to know...having said that a clever answer or reply may be able to change CO's opinion...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Princesng View Post
    I know decision making is the most vital part of manager's Role.But in realtion to emails to her from my employer.He stated him,his wife and i can make decision ,where he should have said i make decisions.But in reply to her latest coversation ,i have tried to convince her that i do all those duties by myself.I thought going through a lawyer but i had help from one of my friend she works for ministry of justice.So she has given me ideas ,to get all the evidence to prove my duties that i do.So i have done as she said hopefully this will work out.I have sent these documents last week and hoping for good outcome soon.

Fingers Crossed
    Let us know when you have any news

Maybe you boss can clarify what decisions he and his wife are responsible for, instead of denying what has already been said. But having said that, noone better to advise you than a lawyer or adviser. It costs more than we would like it to but it's a small investment considering college fees paid in nz and the time invested..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast