Thread: Section 61 - Graduate Job Search Visa!!!

Exclamation Section 61 - Graduate Job Search Visa!!!

Hi,

Just making my story short. My application for Graduate Job Search visa was returned from immigration for not providing the original certificate of graduation. I provided the official transcript to them at first because the certificate would take about a week to get. i wrote a letter explaining everything but the application was returned. by the the time i got the application returned i was deemed unlawful. So after i got the certificate i submitted a request under section 61 just after 6 days of visa expiry. What are my chances of getting approved? Does anyone know the time frame taken to process it?

Hi. It is impossible to know your chances without all the details. If, as you say, you attempted to apply for your new visa while still legal and then the only problem was that you did not provide your certificate, you should have a pretty good chance of being successful. Obviously, it will depend on how good the evidence was that you submitted and how good your cover letter was when requesting the Section 61. There may be questions about why you waited until your visa was almost expired to make your application. as they usually allow you a visa for about 3 months after the course was due to finish. How long ago was the Section 61 submitted?

Hi Karen,
    Thanks for the reply . I received my open work visa 2 days ago. I didn't expect it to be processed that quickly. But it's all come out well.I received a full time job offer as well the next day. It's a Technical Support role with a leading Australian Telco which has operations in nz. I'm looking at options to apply under the SMC . The job as I understand falls under ICT Customer Support Officer. Looking forward to work on my application in the coming months.

Great news! The job sounds perfect too. If you meet the requirements, it's on the LTSSL. See http://skillshortages.immigration.go...pport-officer/. However, if you don't have sufficient work experience yet, you can move on to the Graduate Work Experience Visa for a couple of years first. Or, if you don't need the LTSSL bonus points (and you probably won't), you don't need the experience though, just the qualification at or above the Diploma described on ANZSCO. I hope it goes well for you.