Thread: Secondary Schools

Default Secondary Schools

Hey
    Can anyone help me re Secondary school for my 15 year old daughter moving to Christchurch in August 2014.
    Any information on it, would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Regina

What kind of information are you looking for?

I found on few sites that NZ schools start in jan but in other part of world it is usually mid of the year (e g. june-july-aug)

my son shall complete 11th standard in june 2015 when we shsll be moving to NZ. can NZ schools admit him in 12th standard in Jun or July??

pl help

A NZ school will indeed admit a new pupil in the middle of the school year. What standard or class he has completed in his own country will be partly irrelevant, because the school systems aren't a match from one country to another - although many of the same topics will be studied in different countries, they may be taken in a totally different order, so the incoming child may have already done parts of a subject that are new to their NZ classmates, and vice versa. Therefore, NZ schools are very used to migrant children needing some help to fit in. What often happens is that they'll test them to see what they know, and fit them into a class depending on that, as well as their chronological age.