Thread: Anyone gotten away not sending their BIRTH CERTIFICATES and their application succeeded anyway?

Default Anyone gotten away not sending their BIRTH CERTIFICATES and their application succeeded anyway?

Hi guys, has anyone here NOT provided their birth certificates even though it was a requirement to send them, but gotten away with it anyway and their application was still approved/outcome was still a success? As in if you had not sent the required birth certificates and the immigration didn't ask about it or have a problem with you not sending your birth certificate????????

I honestly cannot find my birth certificate!, i'm wondering if i can get away with not sending one, without the immigration making it an issue. Hehe. This isn't even about me, it should be about my partner(he's the one needing to get the residence visa).

Am I right in thinking you are a Kiwi? You can get replacement birth certificates online very quickly and cheaply. Have look at http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Birt...tificate#three. Most countries have a similar service. You can submit a certified copy of your NZ passport ID page instead. If your partner isn't applying under the Family category, send a reply and I will take another look.

Do remember INZ is applying the laws of the country. You can't expect that they will just put a quick hand over a case and let anything slide by. YOU know you're a lovely person and deserve everything to turn out how you want it, but so does everybody else, including possible fraudsters, so everything gets checked over meticulously. They say jump, you say, 'How high?' And it IS about you, because the partner doing the sponsoring has to meet requirements, too, which have to be proved.

One simple answer is : no they will not turn a blind eye

Get a replacement birth cert would be my recommendation as said previously easy to do.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Am I right in thinking you are a Kiwi? You can get replacement birth certificates online very quickly and cheaply. Have look at http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Birt...tificate#three. Most countries have a similar service. You can submit a certified copy of your NZ passport ID page instead. If your partner isn't applying under the Family category, send a reply and I will take another look.
    Yes i am. And my partner is indeed applying for a residence visa through partnership, so yes under the family category. I'm currently taking a look at the website link you gave me

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Do remember INZ is applying the laws of the country. You can't expect that they will just put a quick hand over a case and let anything slide by. YOU know you're a lovely person and deserve everything to turn out how you want it, but so does everybody else, including possible fraudsters, so everything gets checked over meticulously. They say jump, you say, 'How high?' And it IS about you, because the partner doing the sponsoring has to meet requirements, too, which have to be proved.
    I know there are fraudsters out there. Ruins it for the people who genuinely want residence/visas. But i mean, my partner and i are genuine and we will be providing everything on the checklist. Only problem at the moment for me, is the birth certificate

Quote Originally Posted by catt View Post
    One simple answer is : no they will not turn a blind eye

Get a replacement birth cert would be my recommendation as said previously easy to do.

Good luck
    Thanks catt!

I have always sent a certified copy of the NZ passport of the kiwi partner when applying for partnership visas!