Thread: Expedite Resident Visa processing

Question Expedite Resident Visa processing

Hi,

I am currently on student visa and my husband is on work visa. He got a skilled job in Dec 2013 and we have applied for residence visa on 04/06/2014 (after receiving ITA on 17/05/2014). Our current visas are expiring on 31st August 2014.

Any suggestions if INZ can expedite our resident visa processing or can we apply for interim visa? (Although, I am eligible to apply for a Open job search visa after my studies).

Thanks in advance

P.S. Our lodgement date is updated today and has been mentioned as 04/06/2014 online with an automated message emailed to us that status has been updated.

Please call up or take appointment with I NZ officer's and discuss options. Every situation is different and is difficult to speculate for your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    Please call up or take appointment with I NZ officer's and discuss options. Every situation is different and is difficult to speculate for your situation.
    We have not yet have a CO assigned for our file. Do you think its a good idea to wait till July and then contact INZ to look for options or should I call asap? I am not sure if they give appointments in Palmerston North INZ branch.

Hi. I suspect there isn't much you can do right now. The processing time will depend on a lot of factors including your country of citizenship and if there is any missing documentation or things that need to be questioned further. However if you call 0508 55 88 55 you could ask, although it is probably impossible for them to tell until you are allocated a Case Officer and that person has had chance to go through your file. I would hang on for a few weeks if I were you and then seek advice.