Thread: Online EOI Invalid Text Input Error.

Unhappy Online EOI Invalid Text Input Error.

I have problem with filling section G1, where I need to write up to 3000 character to describe why my work experience is recognized.
    it has been 2 days I'm struggling with it.
    I have 3 different work experiences which I add all in G1 section. and for each of them I am allowed to write 3000 characters description.
    My first job description is fine, I copied and paste from MS Word about 2000 character and it saved.
    however for 2nd and 3rd one It doesnt accept more than few hundred characters, no matter I copy/paste, type, even I tried to copy the description I wrote for 1st job to 2nd and 3rd job and I still propmt Error " Invalid Input Text"
    I tried with Chrome, Firefox, InternetExplorer on Windows 7, clear cache, reboot my system.

Does it mean I need to split 3000 Characters for all 3 jobs, e.g 1000 each ? However each field shows Max 3000
    Kindly advice me if you have any idea about it .

This is what I exactly receive.
    Invalid Request
    The Website Has Found A Potential Problem With The Text You May Have Entered On A Form Page.
    Please Complete The Form Page Again, Retyping The Information, And Resubmit The Page

Hi. I have never had this one - but, I suspect you might have 3000 characters in total. If your jobs match an ANZSCO code and the duties you performed were pretty similar. Mentioning this and the fact that you have the relevant qualifications and/or experience is often sufficient. You might be able to curt down a little. Good luck!

Just try to paste the lines one by one and it is usually the last line which will create problem and you will know that its with the number of characters. It does not allow 3000, looks like a system glitch. The line by line pasting worked for me to figure out how much I need to cut off.

Thanks rash and Karen for your respond, Finaly I submit it and here I share my hints and experiences:
    -Overall I wrote 3587 characters for all 3 fields. I thinks 3587 is Maximum
    - you can write and save whatever in first field up to 3000 character easily
    - I wrote 2 of my job description at first field. and distinguish them by CAPITAL NOTE: ** due to website problem I wrote my 2nd job description bellow**
    - For 2nd Job field . I only wrote ** description for this job is written at above job description field due to site problem**
    - 3rd job description field was easier than 2nd one. I managed to decrease it to about 600 character and as Rash mentioned, I used line by line paste
    - there are some website which help you to make your MSWord Doc as Plain TXT and also another website for character counting.

By the way I asked my question from INZ and here is what they replied:
    ""Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the issue regarding that section and unfortunately, the Service Desk is still finding ways to rectify it.
    You may submit your EOI without filling out that section and once an Invitation to Apply has been sent to you, that is when you submit the additional information regarding your previous experiences""

So I think they don't expect much about this field, however with some struggle you could be able to write something.
    Also, don't spend long time to write nice 2000 + character essay with bullet point and other formatting, as you will regret when you want to fit it in EOI fields. In my case I spent 3 days to search, contact INZ, google and try many different ways.
    Cheers,
    Amin