Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence Application (IT Engineer) - Henderson Branch.

Post Residence Application (IT Engineer) - Henderson Branch.

Hi Guy's,

I've been reading this forum for months now and was getting all the information regarding Residence - NZ. I would like to ask questions and get involved regarding my residence Application.

I am an IT engineer in Auckland. I've applied my residence under Skilled migrant category (ICT customer Support officer). I lodged my ITA on march end in Henderson Branch. I haven't heard anything back from Immigration yet. I want to confirm, How long it gonna take to assign CO.

My company is very small in New Zealand because we have a regional office in New Zealand and head office in Singapore so all the third level of support is done by Singapore only. I am first or second level of support officer. Does it effect to my application? My Current salary package is $40,000 (Annually) + Free Car Park + Iphone (Free calling) + Laptop. One of my friend told me that Minimum requirement for SMC application is $45,500. . For a precaution, Is it fine if I hire a lawyer now?

Regards,
    Harry.

Hi there and welcome,

About Henderson branch, I know their processing time are getting shorter and you might probably be a lucky one working in IT, you might be a priority too. At the moment average is 6 months time to get a CO allocated at henderson, but I saw recently on this forum, IT application being process much quicker.

About your income, i don't think this is going to be a problem. I think INZ are reasonnable and try to get the whole picture, regarding your experience and qualification and the market. I think they try to see if this is coherent with your duties and the size of the comapny who hires you.

So Be patient (i know its hard , I logded my application 8 months ago, and i've never thought this would take that long...and I'm still "in process" so..)

Hi lilie,

Thanks for the genuine reply. My friends from iiNet (IT Company) had applied the residence in the month Feb (City Branch) and they got their residence in the month of April end. So just curious to check. Wish you a good luck lilie.

Hi

There is no time frame for INZ your file will assign to CO. I am working in IT field as well its now 5 months still no decision yet. Also received phone call interview from CO.
    I don't think they have priority for certain field(for ex: IT) to process the application first.

Also my friend who is working in different company in IT field who applied same time as me. But his application not yet assigned to CO yet.

Waiting eagerly for the result

All the best guys

Wish you all the best when did you applied your residence?

EOI submitted in Nov 2013
    PR Docs submitted Mar 2014

All the best for you

Hi Pradnz,

Thanks for the reply. Same here.. PR Doc submitted end of march , 2014. I haven't received any thing back from Immigration. Have you applied in Henderson Only?

Hey Guys,

Looks like it depends on the branch too.
    I have just cot my residency approved at the beginning of this month(AIP on the 3rd of June and stickers on the 10th).

EOI was submitted with ICT Customer support officer(2 years in that job), but ITA was amended with ICT Business Analyst as the company I work for promoted me in the meantime. Took me just a little under 2 months since the ITA was logged(17th of April). The company I work for is sort of high profile on the market in the last couple of years (NZ HI-Tech awards winner and has been extended it's activity outside NZ). My case was assessed at Auckland City branch and took the CO 10 days to give the result since was assigned to my case.

I was lucky, I know, but was still stressful. Hope you all get your answers soon. I read on this forum that Henderson Branch is slower then Auckland...
    Fingers crossed to you all.

Also forgot this link here... i think your salary will not be a problem as this is the benchmark: http://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs/info...t-technician-/

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Krissty_bo View Post
    Also forgot this link here... i think your salary will not be a problem as this is the benchmark: http://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs/info...t-technician-/

Hope this helps.
    Thank you krissty I Hope, Soon Henderson branch will assign CO to my file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast