Thread: and now we wait!

Default and now we wait!

well after afew months of filling in this and gatherring that,all in a gd time frame i can say that on monday 16th june we sent off my husbands residence form with all the other stuff.ie limited med,chest x ray,police cert,partnership surport form.cover letter saying that we would like PR as been married for 9yrs outside nz,.on tuesday hubbie got a call to say recived and extra £ taken out for sending stuff back.no worries..got an email on wensday night to say they wont except my certified copy of my passport/birthcertificate as it was done at a post office! so yesterday shot into where i got decalgration witnessed and they ceritified for me and i posted off...so for the record if ur the kiwi partner dont use uk post office to certifie ur passport/birthcetificate as inz wont except it!!! so now the wait begins! they said 10-12wks to prosses...my hubbie is nervous/scared/excited where as im just more excited/nervous i know it will be fine,being back in nz with family around,something i have really missed for the last 9yrs...so when it is accepted all the other fun stuff will start!! house on market,container to organize,pets..........etc...... wish us luck and strenght for my hubbie.....he needs it!!!

Well done! In the UK you need to have documents certified by a solicitor, notary, commissioner for oaths or Justice of the Peace. Make sure they not only sign and date etc. but also use their official stamp! Also beware that getting something notarised is usually around £70 whereas if you have a solicitor that you work with for other things, they will often certify a document for a few pounds. I am sure it will all be fine!

yep found out the hard way!! i even asked the lady at post office if they certifi stuff for visa's she said yes.but yeho thank god for brockbanks solicitors here in cockermouth ,and yep he did sign/date and stamp with there offical stamp and at £5 a real bargin shit karen im so nervous/excited/emotional at the thought of going hm with my hubbie/cat/dog..the thought of being there for my mum brings tears to my eyes..dont know wats wrong with me!

sounds perfectly normal to me!