Thread: Resident visa

Angry Resident visa

Hi guys!!

Really need ur help!! Me and my husband have applied for PR on 5th december 2013 thru a lawyer..
    My file was allocated to a case officer on 20th march 2014 in chch branch, got an email from my case officer that she will do an initial assessment within next 10 working days.. During this time, i've got a call from my case officer, she asked me few questions about our relationship and didn't asked for any further documents..

Its been 3 months already me or my lawyer haven't heard back anything from her, she didn't even asked for any other documents.. Just no reply at all..

Do anybody faced this kind of situation while PR processing?? Should I still wait?? Its been 6 and half months since i have applied..

Please share your experience guys..

Thanks

i think they are doing a second assesment which is done by a third party verification officer. it might take some more months then the verification officer will send the file back to your visa officer and then the VO will make decision.

See this recent post for normal procedure that has to be gone through. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....776#post501776 The time you have been waiting is nothing unusual - it can often take this long for the CO to receive replies confirming the evidence you have given, without which she cannot proceed.

And it is perfectly normal not to hear anything from the CO until she has something definite to tell you. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Default Thanks for the info.. Really appreciate it..

Thanks for the info.. Really appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See this recent post for normal procedure that has to be gone through. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....776#post501776 The time you have been waiting is nothing unusual - it can often take this long for the CO to receive replies confirming the evidence you have given, without which she cannot proceed.

And it is perfectly normal not to hear anything from the CO until she has something definite to tell you. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Hi J&M.. I really need your advice.. Ive got reply from immigration after 10 months.. Wanted to show u dat and take ur advice.. Dnt want to share it here, can i email it to u please... Please letme know.. My email add: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks
    Last edited by IanW99; 5th October 2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Rule 10: No personal details

its a good sign...as only case officer will enquire about relationship if he or she is satisfied on all other aspects of ur application that are most important...this is the last thing they do ...so keep fingers crossed good news is in pipeline

Notice, please, nobody here can advise you, as in, tell you what you ought to do - it is against NZ law to advise anyone on immigration matters unless they are a licensed immigration adviser. All that an ordinary person can do is share experience. If that would help, you can send me a Private Message - you will need to make five posts on any thread, then the forum will automatically switch on your ability to PM. Then you click on anyone's username over one of their posts, and PMing will be one of the options in the drop-down box.