Thread: SMC (JSV) approved .... Can my employer be from Australian having business in NZ

Exclamation SMC (JSV) approved .... Can my employer be from Australian having business in NZ

Hi Guys & admin,

I have just been approved for SMC (JSV) with the condition of 9 months to search SKILLED work, i have a question , if i apply for a job for employer who company is in Australia but runs the business in New Zealand in ICT field , will that be consider as legitimate employment or the employer has to be based in NZ itself.

Secondly, if I manage to get Technical support job in any ISP or Telecom sector , will that be consider as SKILLED employment from INZ perspective, as the JD will mostly be around troubleshooting and call handling of the customer faults.

Anyone who has gone through the same experience please comment as it will make things bit clear for me to progress.

Please advise .....

Congrats!!

I am working in an IT field. My job duties are troubleshooting and handling technical calls (User setup / password / Active Directory / Server 2008). Most of the ISP and Telecom Sector Jobs fall under ICT customer Support Officer - Category. Yes, It consider as a Skilled employment job.

IDK about your first query. One of my friend is doing job in IT call center in Wellington (Australia Project) his manager and HR team is based in Australia. At the time of Residence Immigration officer contacted to HR in Australia only.

Quote Originally Posted by adnanmir View Post
    Hi Guys & admin,

I have just been approved for SMC (JSV) with the condition of 9 months to search SKILLED work, i have a question , if i apply for a job for employer who company is in Australia but runs the business in New Zealand in ICT field , will that be consider as legitimate employment or the employer has to be based in NZ itself.

Secondly, if I manage to get Technical support job in any ISP or Telecom sector , will that be consider as SKILLED employment from INZ perspective, as the JD will mostly be around troubleshooting and call handling of the customer faults.

Anyone who has gone through the same experience please comment as it will make things bit clear for me to progress.

Please advise .....

Thanks, harry for your good feedback....

There are lot of job sites , you need to search on google and then you can apply for the jobs, but make your CV and Cover letter with respect to NZ market, so you cv and cover letter can attract employers, also try to listen the New Zealand accent , you can do this on youtube etc, to learn how NZ english is spoken. Make your self 100% prepare and ready so you could get job in 9 months time, its vital opportunity for you Good luck

cheers

Hi Wellynz ,
    Thanks for your chip in , its really good guide line for me , indeed getting job in 9 month is bit tough ,though i have to get my best efforts, i have been following seek for the jobs so far Unlucky. Is there any Samples/template you might like to share to help me understand NZ employer requirements in resume.