Thread: Making a visit to look for jobs

Default Making a visit to look for jobs

If anyone is considering a visit to NZ to decide if it is a place they want to live and to see if they can get a job offer, please read this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...20June2014.pdf. It was posted on the INZ website last week. It helps explain the importance of being very clear about what you say at the border or, preferably, when you apply for a visitor visa - even if you are from a visa-waiver country. It also explains what evidence you need.

Thanks, Karen, that's very helpful.

Thanks Karen!

I hope you will not take it for harm for asking this but since English is not my native I am not 100% sure I got it right.
    The way I see it, it seams that if you have friend/relative in NZ, it is best to go with plain visitor story.

That way you avoid questions that might pop up during interview/consideration of your employability by boarded officials if you stated as main reason Look and See on arrival card.
    Afterwards if by Gods help you get job offer you will still be able to apply since no crime done.
    You can always say that main reason was not job search but visiting and simply after a while opportunity stroke and you decided to use it.

Or I got it wrong and message that I should get out of all of this is to be straight forward from beginning and honest every step during this path, meaning we should state Look and See on visitor visa application form while offshore and in that case if visitor visa is approved we should not face additional interview problems at the borders since our employability is already analysed by embassy people that were deciding on visitor visa.

I am all in details since I am about to apply for visitor visa and last thing I would like to do is to get it and once I am at the border to be sent back home.
    On the other hand I would like to avoid to destroy any chance for NZ adventure by stating look and see and not getting visa at all.

Thanks for clarification and highly appreciated word of advice.

Regards,
    Zdravko

Anyone?

If truth be told, there will be people who have chosen each of the possibilities you describe in your post, and had it work for them. It's one of those things you have to make up your own mind about.

Thanks JandM, fair enough.