Thread: Planning Migrate to NZ

Default Planning Migrate to NZ

Hi all, my hubby and I would like to plan migrate to NZ. My hubby is a Mechanical Engineer and working at a manufacturing company in Singapore. We have a kid who just turn one this year. I'm a full time housewife for the moment to look after our little one. I have read a few threads at here and some website regarding how to apply the PR of NZ. But we still confuse with the process. Besides, could anyone advise us that which city will be easy for my hubby to look for his job? Any suggestion what we need to do for the moment?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Search any questions you have in the forum and you will get lot of information.

First step is to look at immigration rules and the best way is to go through immigration New Zealand web site .
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/

Your hubby can look into jobs at seek.co.nz to find the right location within NZ

And notice, you will be hoping to get Residence as your first 'forever' visa, not PR. PR is a different visa you can only apply for later, after a minimum of two years as a Resident.

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    Your hubby can look into jobs at seek.co.nz to find the right location within NZ
    Do my hubby must get a job first in NZ before submitting EOI?

Not necessarily. If he can get enough points without a job offer, then he can submit the EOI straight away. But these days, realistically, with the quotas INZ are being given to work to, you need to have 140 points (and that would get your EOI selected straight away at the next draw).