Thread: Character Problem

Default Character Problem

Hi Guys, i have a question to disuse with you, i'm preparing to apply for residency but i have a small problem that i have been refused entry to Romania before although i have a genuine visa but they just told me that they are not convened that am just coming for tourism!
    i have complained when returned back and i have documents with all emails with the ministry on interior of Romania

i haven't cleared this in my work visa before as i thought that excluded means after entering the country not at the port but when i read the character requirements after getting my visa i get it late! , what do you think guys?

i'm afraid to fail to get residency after all of this how do the national security check know about this if i didn't declare ?

If someone has been excluded or deported from any country they need Special Direction from the Minister for Immigration to be allowed to apply for any visa. Read http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30663.htm and related sections. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to live with the possibility that someone might discover I had failed to mention this and could come and deport me at any time, so I would definitely tell the truth and argue my case. This is what I would advise you to do. However, I cannot guarantee that the outcome will be positive. You really need to get the Special Direction sorted first before you apply for residence as you cannot submit a normal application if you come under Section 15 of the Immigration Act -http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35057.htm - see A5.20 b vi -"has, at any time, been removed, excluded, or deported from another country." Good luck!

Thanks Karen, of course you are right in all what you said but it make no sense about exclusion actually!
    any body face same problem before ?

It may not make any sense - but that is the law. However, in the past, with clients in a similar situation where there was a genuine error and a situation of the type you faced, I have had positive outcomes form asking for Special Direction. There is a cost involved in this - the Fees and address Finder for details - currently $185 NZ. The bigger issue is probably that you didn't mention it when applying for your work visa - but again, this seems like a genuine situation, so if it is, you have a good chance. Best of luck.