Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here has ever made a complain at INZ?

Default Anyone here has ever made a complain at INZ?

Hi all,

I'm wondering here, if anyone here has ever made a formal complain about they application and how it works.
    I can see on the INZ website that there is a long list of procedure step to go through (probably to discourage applicant) and I wonder if anyone did it, or went with a lawyer to complain about their application process.

Thanks for sharing

Is is about the application process or a decision? If about a decision, one can appeal to Residence Review Board.

There is a different and much quicker system for making a complaint about processes (formal complaints through the Immigration and Protection tribunal can take up to two years to process!) . The first thing I would do is to write a formal letter to the Case Officer clearly explaining the reasons for your concern. Or you could ask for the name of the branch manager from the INZ contact centre and address the letter to him or her. However, be careful that you are on firm ground. Is your complaint valid or do the rules not meet your requirements. If INZ is interpreting the rules correctly but this isn't working for you, I would be very cautious. However, if you have genuine grounds for concern or complaint, there is no harm in voicing them in a business-like, simple, straightforward, brief explanation.

From your other posts, I'm guessing that you want to complain that you haven't yet got the result of your application. If that's right, have a long hard think before you do that. You are in the same position as hundreds of other people whose applications are working through the system, feeling anxious and needing patience. If your complaint is that you don't like this feeling, a) it's not going to make any difference to what happens, and b) after the event, you are still going to need your CO to work your case. The investigation of any complaint you make is going to have interrupted that CO's work, on your case and on all the rest of his/her allocation of cases, and if s/he has been working perfectly normally and the time that has passed is not down to anything s/he has done, it isn't going to enhance feelings of goodwill towards you.

I made a procedural complaint for PR as I followed a form's notes exactly and got told by the INZ office I had filled the form in wrong and needed a separate form for one dependent plus $180. They also asked for evidence not listed on the form or notes for the other dependent which meant it took us another week to get PR and cost twice as much as expected.

It took a long time and I had to appeal all the way before they even seemed to understand what my complaint was. They just quoted huge chunks of their manual at me defining the term 'dependent' and told me their analyst had 20 years experience and could not therefore be wrong.
    Eventually at final appeal they finally understood what complaint was about, apologised, said the notes were wrong and would change them. What the office was doing reflected the underlying law (hence all the quotes) and therefore the decision made would stand.

A long, frustrating and ultimately fairly pointless exercise.

Simon

I remember your having this problem at the time. Do you know, HAVE they now changed the notes?

thank you all, it give me an idea of what it means and how to process.

JdM, it is not about the waiting time, don't worry. Regarding my previous post, I understand you might be worried about this. I'm still waiting throught.

I'm concern about what will happen to my application if things would change at work regarding the company that might be sold for new owner, and stuff like this. So I'd like to know what my options would be if this happen , as my application seems to be far from this final decision, yet unfortunately.

Im sure your application is at its final stage, be positive, it must be extra hard to wait knowing that ur job's future is unsure. Is the business doing well? Did they ask you for information regarding that? And have you or your boss mentioned about the business being sold? Has it been sold already? You dont have to inform inz about anything that hasnt happened yet, but i suppose ud have to if it happens.. If inz doesnt need any more info from your boss then i dont know if i would.. Its hard to tell..

I dont understand what the conplaint is about though.. ??

thanks carol,

Nothing happens yet,and the business is doing well, but I know my boss wants to sell for personal matters . As my application takes a while, I want to know if anything happens, in case business is sold if I would go for a new round of verification application because of the change of ownership. If I have to redone the all things, and if I would be able to claim my situation as it was at the time I lodged my application or when CO has been allocated.
    I prefer anticipated any further trouble, as I know INZ wont make things easy for me as it seems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast