Thread: Dual Job

Default Dual Job

Hi All,

I just need a small information can some one help me or Guide me Please .

I am and IT Consultant and working Full time for a company in Wellington under Work to Residence visa for the last 1 year . My Work to Residence Visa shows my company name and my Current Designation and my visa is valid for total 30 Months out of which i have already completed 12 months .

Now my Question is a Company in Australia is willing to offer me a contact IT job for 2 months and they agreed to work on the contract job after i finish my full time job every day that is My full time job is from 9 AM to 5 PM and the Australia company has agreed me working from 6:00 PM to 11 PM .

Is it legal to work in 2 jobs under work to residence visa ??
    If Yes how should i pay the tax ?? I mean my full time company will deduct my tax and give me salary what about my second company ?? How to calculate the Tax slabs for my second job ??

Please Advice

Thanks in Advance

This is a tricky one. I wouldn't accept the Australian offer without first checking with my Case Officer. you are so near to residence and you don't want to put that at risk. It might be okay because the company is Australian but, you need a visa to work for an overseas company if you are in NZ so - I don't feel confident to give you definitive advice on this.

Hi Karen ,

Thanks for the reply and let me check with the Immigration officers .

Thanks