Thread: Want to visit some other country than NZ after AIP but yet to get stickers

Default Want to visit some other country than NZ after AIP but yet to get stickers

Hi,

I was AIP and has yet to get Stickers on my passport.
    In the meantime, my company want me to travel to some other part of the world for a year. I shall be travelling with my dependents. Please help to know:
    1. Is it mandatory to tell my CO about it?
    2. Will it impact my application which is already approved but stickers are not yet obtained?
    3. Can I submit my Passports to NZ embassy in the new country for the stickers?

Thanks & Regards,
    Ankur Mahajan

Your application has been approved (subject to payment of migrant levy etc). You choosing to travel won't change this. Obviously, you are going to have to submit your actual passports within 6 months of the date of your AIP letter in order to maintain your approval. You will need to make sure that you can be without your passports for a while. If you are going to be in a country where there is an INZ, you could arrange with your Case Officer to present your passports to that INZ office when you are ready.

Thanks Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankur View Post
    Hi,

I was AIP and has yet to get Stickers on my passport.
    In the meantime, my company want me to travel to some other part of the world for a year. I shall be travelling with my dependents. Please help to know:
    1. Is it mandatory to tell my CO about it?
    2. Will it impact my application which is already approved but stickers are not yet obtained?
    3. Can I submit my Passports to NZ embassy in the new country for the stickers?

Thanks & Regards,
    Ankur Mahajan

BE CAREFUL If you were an SMC applicant and you included a NZ job offer that you are not now taking up, then that's a change of circumstances. You're obliged to let INZ know, right up to the time you arrive in NZ and certainly if labels have not yet been issued

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    BE CAREFUL If you were an SMC applicant and you included a NZ job offer that you are not now taking up, then that's a change of circumstances. You're obliged to let INZ know, right up to the time you arrive in NZ and certainly if labels have not yet been issued
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for bringing it up. Its very impiortant point to consider.

I didn't include NZ job offer (points) when applied for SMC resident visa. As a result, I believe it shouldn't be a problem.
    Any other point guys?

Thanks
    Ankur