Thread: Hi i'm new and could do with a little help :)

Default Hi i'm new and could do with a little help :)

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a 26 year old male from England hoping to work in NZ and eventually live permanently.
    I've read a lot of the online information and it has absolutely baffled my brain ha!

Im a Qualified Vehicle Mechanic but i have been a welder and coach builder for the past 3 years.

Would it be better to apply for a temp work visa at first then go for residency or go straight for residency?

Do i need a job offer to apply?

My auntie lives in Aukland and has for as long as i can remember, will this be in my favour?

Any help at all i would be so great full for

Thanks

Olie

Hello.

Do you have qualifications in welding and/or coach building? This may affect what replies people give you.

Quote Originally Posted by oliespurr View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a 26 year old male from England hoping to work in NZ and eventually live permanently.
    I've read a lot of the online information and it has absolutely baffled my brain ha!

Im a Qualified Vehicle Mechanic but i have been a welder and coach builder for the past 3 years.

Would it be better to apply for a temp work visa at first then go for residency or go straight for residency?

Do i need a job offer to apply?

My auntie lives in Aukland and has for as long as i can remember, will this be in my favour?

Any help at all i would be so great full for

Thanks

Olie

At 26 (and single?) your best bet is a working holiday visa. No job offer required. Having a job offer, if it meets the SMC requirements is what will ultimately take you to residence

i am classed as a company coded welder, which means I've passed all the tests for the specific company i work for and any associated companies, this isn't a recognised qualification but definitely taken into account when applying for other jobs in the uk, not sure about nz though, i haven't done any official coach building qualifications (a lot of it falls under the mechanic and welding quals anyway) but as i mentioned before i have 3 years experience in it. Yeah I'm single and coming over on my own, i think i will go down the working holiday route, i know a company over there that is in the same group of companies as the one i work for now and have been given some contact details so hopefully i will hear back from them soon. thanks guys