Thread: Applying for SMC

Question Applying for SMC

Hi,

Im a Sri Lankan currently working in Singapore. Im into network and computer systems and currently working as a systems consultant. I have 8+ years exp in this field. Since singapore is getting more and more expensive im checking my options of moving to NZ. After going through various visa pathways i have decided to apply under Skilled Migrant Category because my job/skill is under the Long Term Skill Shortage List. (Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111)). And currently i dont have a job offer. But i have couple of questions need to be answered before applying. I hope you guys can help me on this.

• In the LTSSL there are two columns for LTSSL and Bonus points requirements. My degree is BSc. (Hons) in Business Computing but i can't find the exact match for it in both LTSSL and Bonus points requirement columns. Will it be a problem?
    • My University was in nzqa approved list published untill 26/09/2011. But after that it is not there. Will it be a problem?
    • When i did the point calculation assuming all above are ok im getting around 130. Is there any chance with that?

Thank you in advance.

I just got accepted. Same visa same industry with 120 point. Started process in March got approval July 4th

Yes, but this was with a skilled job in NZ - anyone with a skilled job, or job offer, there, will get their EOI selected at the very next draw if they've got 100 or more points. The way selections are going at the moment, due to NZ government quotas, selections for those without a job or offer hardly ever go below 140.