Thread: Applying for Residence based on Partnership

Default Applying for Residence based on Partnership

Hi everyone,

I applied for residence based on partnership about two weeks ago and I recieved an envelop with my husband's and my passports back. And they also mentioned it will take some time to process the application. Is it normal for them to return passports like that? Or should they keep it till they have residence visa label inside the passport? I am a bit concerned so please help to clarify it.

Thank you

since it may take up to 9 months to process, it is totally normal when they return all or some of your original documents back to you, once they have seen it.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, wow that is a long time to process, so when they decide the outcome I assume they will want the passoport back so they can put a label on the page in passport?

Thanks

9 months is their latest processing time. However, it is likely to process fast should they be satisfied with all documentation you provided and do not need anymore information. It also depends how long it takes a CO to be allocated to your case.
    In my wifes case we got everything approved in just 1 month.

Regards,
    Hiren

Quote Originally Posted by ns0912 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply, wow that is a long time to process, so when they decide the outcome I assume they will want the passoport back so they can put a label on the page in passport?

Thanks
    Yes the last steps will be you sending in the passport for the blue sticker.

Thank you so much. So now I am just waiting.....