Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship Evidence

Default Relationship Evidence

We are urgently looking for advice about relationship evidence, we lodged our application for residency about 4 weeks ago with all the necessary documents.
    The only thing they denied was our relationship evidence, we have given Immigration our joint bank account statements, letters addressed to both of us at the same address, all our post and bills, photos, lease contracts in both our names, car insurance (everything dating back to our arrival, 22 July, 2013) and still this is not sufficient?

We are both from South Africa, I am here as a skilled migrant.

Any advice or help will be appreciated

Whether or not it is sufficient depends on how much there is covering the whole year at fairly short intervals. They have to look in detail at the 12 months to ensure that you're both still there, throughout the time, so you need to establish that you're living together at the beginning of the time, then cover every subsequent month with three or four pieces of evidence, which can be of different kinds, at least.

Go have a hair cut and take photos together again. Not kidding. And always smiling photos.

They want to evidences that span through different periods of time.

Hi,
    based on my experience, these evidences are enough. They just interested to see your and yours partner same address on any two official documents like utility bills, bank document etc.

best of luck

It would be so much easier if one was married.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern49 View Post
    It would be so much easier if one was married.
    No, it wouldn't! Doesn't make any difference to INZ.

22 Jul, 2013 - 11 Jun, 2014 /= 12 months. That might be your problem!

Hi, in my situation I sent in personal bank statements of mine and partners over a 6 month period and joint statements over the other 6 month period, bills, car registration, insurance, photos, txt messages while apart visiting family, letter from a friend, receipts of kitchen equipment purchased on my card other purchases on partners card and they still asked me for more. If I were you I would plan this at least 1 year ahead and read heaps of threads on ENZ of what people have supplied and when you buy things for your house make sure they are all done on your joint bank card etc
    I would also have each other as next of kin on your doctors and work papers, these are things we never think of doing but you should because anything could happen and people won't know who to concat in an emergency situation.
    Even have both your names on car insurance, both names on pet registration if you have any.
    You could also show purchases made by one another for household items over the course of 12 months. If you have can't find the receipts you can always go back to that store and ask for a duplicate receipt if you can provide the purchase date, card number and the barcode of the product.
    Good luck and keep hoarding lol

what a lot of people forget is to provide evidence that you are currently living together. Remember that even if you provided evidence at the time you lodged your application, and it takes INZ say 6-8 months to make a decision, they will be looking for current evidence at the time they make their decision. So make sure you include evidence from 12 months ago ( or when you started living together) and now.

Hi, we had the same sitiuation as well. We also came here as skilled migrants. We were asked to prove our relationship for the past 12 months. We have been married for 11 years and have 3 kids (age 9-3). Our CO said that they do know that our relationship is a genuine but for paper doocumentation they needed the 12 month evidence. So we provided Pictures, Any bill with either any of our names on them along with our address at that time. Chat logs, Skype logs (to prove that we kept in contact that even when we traveled overseas.) Got a letter from the govement saying that our names have been registed in the same house for the past 11 years for govement election purposes. So after submitting these documents there was no issues then after 13 days we were given residency. Hope this helped. Best of luck on your application.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast