I'm thinking about moving to NZ and I have done a little research about my career over there. I have an undergraduate degree in Cartography Engineer in Brazil (5 years working experience), and I think Land Surveyor would be the equivalent job title in NZ. My doubt is if I need to be a member of NZIS (New Zealand Institute of Surveyors) or if I can work without being registered.
I've found in a website that "Surveyors of all specializations can apply to become members of the New Zealand Institute of Surveyors and work towards professional registration, which is voluntary." This means that there's no need to be registered to work as a Surveyor in NZ?