Thread: Police Clearance

Default Police Clearance

Hi, I don't know if there is a previous post regarding obtaining police clearance. However, is it possiblt to ask or get from INZ the letter od authority even if you're not done with your EOI the idea is to at least prepare those documents since the timeframe is not sure on how long you can ontain the clearance from the country that you live for 1yr above. As I know and correct me if I'm wrong, that once you have the ITA you need to submit all the documents within 4 mos after you receive your ITA.

Thanks

Yes for those documents that take time to prepare (like police certificate or NZQA certificate) you should do it before hand since some countries may take a few month just for this piece of paper.

Hi Ntuananh, thanks for you quick response. Do you mean that I can request to INZ as early as now for a letter of authority or letter requesting for a police clearance that I will use in processing my visa?

Yes, but there's a balancing act to be done, because the police check mustn't be older than six months when the application is lodged. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ertificate.htm

Thanks JandM, yes I am now in the process in submitting my EOI just want to heads up on my police clearance so it goes parallel with my application and hopefully the clearance will not take too long. Thanks for the advice and I will contact INZ on how to obtain letter if authority and follow the requirements written on the site to request my police clearance back to the country i lived for 1yr above.