Thread: Medical

Default Medical

Good day everyone. I hope somebody would be able to help me.
    I was contacted by my case officer requesting for a renal ultrasound a few months After I have finished my medical overseas. I called medibank sydney and they said to take my request sent by my CO to any clinics to do the procedure since they only do the first part of the test and they dont do follow up test. Contacted nz immigration and they said I should only go to their affiliated clinics to do the said procedure. Who should i follow? I thought i should ask here first before i email my CO. Thanks in advance, hope somebody can enlighten me.

Exy

You need to follow INZ instructions. If you don't, your application isn't in accordance with their regulations, and won't be accepted, so it would just be a waste of money.

Panel physicians are doctors and radiologists approved by Immigration New Zealand to complete medical and chest X-ray certificates for New Zealand visa applications.

If a medical examination or chest X-ray certificate is required for your immigration application, you will need to select a doctor and/or radiologist from our approved list of panel physicians.

Note: Not all countries have approved panel physicians. For countries without approved panel physicians, a registered or board certified or licensed medical practitioner or physician may conduct the medical examination.
    Look up 'Australia' here. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=immigration+nz+medicals

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need to follow INZ instructions. If you don't, your application isn't in accordance with their regulations, and won't be accepted, so it would just be a waste of money.

Look up 'Australia' here. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=immigration+nz+medicals

Thanks for the prompt reply. Still a little bit confused because i was advised by medibank health solution which is the only approved panel physician here in Australia to give my request that comes from my CO to any facility that can do that procedure as they dont do follow up test. I think i have to call them again tomorrow to double check.

I see the problem. You probably need to ask to speak to a supervisor at INZ - the ordinary phone pick-up people work from a computerized data bank of answers, so they'll be reading you out the obvious thing like I just did, whereas what you need is somebody who's got authority to interpret the rules a bit.

you can go to any medical practitioner for a follow up consultation, so long as they are recognised in their speciality. If you are simply going for a renal ultrasound, and this is in Australia, then any proper renal sonographer can do it.

Thanks for the advice. I rang medibank health for the third time and they all said the same (go to your local sonographer). Have a booking this week for the scan, hope everything goes well for me. Thanks guys!