Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here done appealing process after getting declined under SMC

Default Has anyone here done appealing process after getting declined under SMC

Hello to all
    Has anyone here appealed before after getting a -ve decision on your application ????

Did u hear back from inz? Orr r u just considering ur options?

CAn you please PM me, as for some reason i am not able to PM u

Im sure karen or jan can shed some light on this as well,

I don't remember seeing anyone tell the story of an appeal. The threads that come up from a search are these https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...n+visa+refused, and none of them is about anyone going for a similar visa to the OP here.

Bear in mind, the only chance of a successful appeal is in the situation where it genuinely looks as though the INZ staff have not applied the rules correctly. There's no chance of getting a decision reversed where they have followed all the right procedures, but these have brought them to a decision unfavourable to the applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by Princesng View Post
    Hello to all
    Has anyone here appealed before after getting a -ve decision on your application ????
    You can appeal to Immigration and Protection Tribunal within 42 days after you have been notified of such decision. You must continue to hold a valid visa while in NZ.

there are two grounds for an appeal:

The decision was not correct in terms of the residence instructions
    or
    Your special circumstances are such that consideration of an exception to those residence instructions should be
    recommended

Hi, i am newbie here. I applied for smc but shanghai co declined my app due to partnership because we did not meet the requirement of physically living together. I am planning to appeal if they could take into my consideration as i have proof of evidences thar we are physically living together up to present. The only reason why for not living together was that I am working from other country and my husband also lives from our home country. Only last year, we had a chance to live together because he holds a dependent visa under my employment visa. If I calculate until this year, I have proofs of physically living together for 12 months.

I am still waiting for the letter of my co regarding to my declined smc application. My next step is to appeal. Do you think they will take into consideration for mu case?

Thank you very much in advance.

I don't understand from what you have written which visa it is that you applied for. Was it Residence under SMC, in which case was it you or your husband who was the main applicant? Or was it a partner-sponsored Residence visa?

Hi Sir JandM, sorry for the confusion. I am the main applicant and my husband is my secondary sponsor. We are applying for SMC and unfortunately our application has been declined.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast