Thread: Apply work visa while waiting residence visa

Default Apply work visa while waiting residence visa

I am currently holding working holiday visa in NZ and will be expired in 5 months. I have recently applied residence visa under SMC as I have a job offer and enough point for it. (qualifications/work experience/other bonus points)

I am planning to apply work visa as well while pending my residence visa . Is this common way of path for people who are waiting for the visa but worried about current visa expiration isnt it?

I would appreciate it if any comments helps or advise best options for the case ! !

You can certainly apply for a work visa while waiting for your Residence application to be processed, and many people do this.

What quite often happens is that an applicant will contact INZ if they haven't heard anything when their existing visa still has about eight weeks to go, asking if the Residence is likely to be through in time, or if they should apply for a work visa. If the Residence case is nearly ready, INZ will say so, and that saves the extra expense of a further application.

Thank you for your quick reply, so now I assume that immigration is holding all my documents such as ,skilled employment information , payslip, qualification , evidence of work experience and etc.. they sent me back already though. So I am wondering that if I mention about it so no need to provide my information above documents applying for work visa ?

because I do not want to send the original document for safety reason. ( it can be possible to deliver it to them wrongly and missing )

Usually in the case of applications for more than one visa at a time, the official who works the first case will have documented seeing pieces of evidence, so the one working the second case can check the records, as you say. It can happen, though, that for some reason they will need to see something for themself, or will need extra evidence, in which case you have to send in whatever it is.