Thread: ITA submitted but work visa declined

Default ITA submitted but work visa declined

I submitted my ITA application yesterday and today morning I received a letter from Immigration that my work visa application has been declined. I am lost and cannot think of any options!! Any suggestions?

What reason was given for declining the work visa?

Hi Thanks for getting back!!
    Immigration had sent me initially a letter asking my employer to provide sufficient attempts and reasons for me being in my role. Which I submitted and guessing they were not convinced they declined saying the below
    1) Whether or not a genuine attempt has been made by the employer to attract and recruit suitable New Zealand Citizens or residence class visa holders for the position offered to me
    2) Whether or not New Zealand Citizens or residence class visa holders are available to do the work offered to me.
    I was wondering since I submitted my ITA application would I be eligible for an interim visa?

Sorry to say, no, you're not eligible for an interim visa. It's only people who are already on some kind of temporary work visa who have applied for another temporary work visa who can be granted one of these. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erimvisaqa.htm

What visa are you on at the moment? How long does it have to run for?

What in fact had your employer done about trying to find if there were NZers or Residence holders who could do your job? Did you see how much evidence there was? Do you think your employer might be willing to do the process over again very thoroughly, if you were up for putting in another application?