Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC Resident Visa Approved!!!

Default SMC Resident Visa Approved!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to share the good news that few hours ago, I received a notification from Immigration NZ that my application status has been updated online.
    When I checked it online, the status got changed from pending to approved.

My timelines are as below:
    EOI submitted - 4th Sep, 2013 (150 points,SMC without job offer)
    ITA received - 20th Sep, 2013
    Application Lodged -20th Jan, 2014
    CO Assigned - 22nd Feb, 2014
    Interview held : 19th May, 2014
    Online status changed : 17th July, 2014

Thanks a ton for each and every member of this forum for your valuble comments and guidance...

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul05 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am glad to share the good news that few hours ago, I received a notification from Immigration NZ that my application status has been updated online.
    When I checked it online, the status got changed from pending to approved.

My timelines are as below:
    EOI submitted - 4th Sep, 2013 (150 points,SMC without job offer)
    ITA received - 20th Sep, 2013
    Application Lodged -20th Jan, 2014
    CO Assigned - 22nd Feb, 2014
    Interview held : 19th May, 2014
    Online status changed : 17th July, 2014

Thanks a ton for each and every member of this forum for your valuble comments and guidance...
    Cool~ Congratulations!

Hi Abdul05

Could you please suggest your processing branch is Mumbai, India?

Hi Harman, Yes my processing branch is Mumbai. PM me if you want any more details.

Default Hi man, congratulation !

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul05 View Post
    Hi Harman, Yes my processing branch is Mumbai. PM me if you want any more details.
    Hi man, since you applied off-shore, was there any condition printed on your visa? Because I have the feeling that even for on-shore people, applying without a job is very difficult.

Cheers,
    Alan

Thanks Alan. Its just the online status that got changed to approved. I am yet to receive my AIP letter and get the blue stickers after that.
    I'll check and udpate if at all there are any specific conditions on my visa.

If online it just said 'Approved', it's very unlikely there will be any conditions, especially since you didn't need a job offer. Conditions normally come if an applicant has had some of their points from a job offer, and involve taking up the job within a certain time and working in it for a minimum of three months.

Hi JandM, so it means that people still can apply through SMC off-shore without job offer and can get approved without any conditions? What would happen if those people come and cannot find jobs? Still heaps of on-shore people with jobs are in the waiting list. Even some on-shore people still get Unconditional Approval without a job. Have INZ really reviews if they have a job after that? INZ needs to have a monitoring system to track the progress of resettlement and finding job. Someone I know got approved through SMC last year without job offer and still doing cleaning job as he has been doing since 2010. A very interesting immigration system

so it means that people still can apply through SMC off-shore without job offer and can get approved without any conditions?
    Yes.

The NZ government does not supervise what happens after the grant of visas. The cost and trouble would be entirely prohibitive, and the NZ public would not approve of the resulting intrusion into personal lives - those of employers, as well as of the incoming workers. Those granted a Residence visa without a job offer have been judged to have a good chance of finding a way to settle into NZ life. It's up to them how they do it, just as it would be if they were between jobs in their country of origin. (They won't be eligible for benefits in NZ for two years after their arrival, so there's nothing there to tempt them.)

As with many aspects of the immigration process, we have to go with what NZ law actually IS, rather than our opinion on what might be better in some way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast