Thread: Questions to INZ1198 form (partner-based visa)

Default Questions to INZ1198 form (partner-based visa)

Hi there,

considering everything I have read so far, questions included in application forms want to check for certain information. For instance, for some visa's immigrations wants to know if you would leave after the visa is expired or if you could sustain yourself in New Zealand etc.

So I am unsure what immigrations really wants to know with questions B6 and B7

B6: Names and addresses of any friends, relatives, or contacts (except your partner) you have in New Zealand (if applicble)
    I have never been to New Zealand and therefore do not know anyone. I would have put in my partner's grandmother and her uncle.
    Is it good to have a contact in New Zealand?

B7: List all periods of employment, including self-employment
    I have been a student in Electrical Engineering the last couple years (which I suppose is good as engineers are needed in NZ) and hence do not have a lot to put in here.
    It would be a 1 month internship already 5 years ago and a student assistand job also 4 years ago. I did two other internships at universities, but I do not kow if that is an employment as I did not get paid.
    I could put in my waiting jobs, but also do not know if that is possitive or negative? I want them to think of me as a qualified engineer and not a waiter.

What do you think? What to put in? Even put in the time of being a student?

E3: Are you and your partner currently living together in a genuine and stable partnership?
    We lived together for 12 months (in Germany), however, my partner left a few days after we fullfilled the requirement, which was actually a coincidence. Her work contracts runned out and she went home (europe) to earn some money the next 3 months till I have finished my studies. Then we would go together to New Zealand once the visa is granted.

I thought I could send off the application the day we fullfilled the 12 months requirements, when we still lived together so I can cross Yes and circumvent further questions. But the collection of proof took longer than expected. So I guess I will have to cross No now as we have been already seperated for a month now. I am jsut worried that the no directly i the application form seems rly bad and the application is put on the "have a closer look" table. But Im a very honest person, so I would normally always go with the right answer.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi. Not to worry. It looks pretty good. You can just leave B6 blank. It won't make a difference. In B7, just tell them what employment you have had - again - not a key factor in this type of visa application. So long as you provide them with all the evidence of living together, having shared financial interests and a shared social life for the 12 month period when you did live together and you can now supplement this with evidence that you have kept in touch via Skype, messenger, email, phone or whatever, this should not be a problem. I am sure you can find a way of doing this. Print off logs etc. Maybe get a letter or signed and dated by friends who know you as a couple and know you are in constant contact with each other. I am sure you also have INZ1146 all filled in ready to go with it. Hope it goes well.