Thread: Permanent Residency Application - Not with partner anymore

Question Permanent Residency Application - Not with partner anymore

Hi All,

I got residency through my ex partner in 2012, unfortunately our relationship ended last year, very amicably.

We can apply for permanent residency in Sept but I'm a bit confused as to how to fill the form in (INZ 1175).
    He is the principal applicant as we got residency through his job being on the wanted skills list but as we are not together, putting me down as his partner on the form isn't correct.

Do I fill the form in as if I am the principal applicant and put no mention of him on the form? We will be sending the forms in together but I'm a bit lost as to how I go about filling the form in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you should each make separate applications for a PRV in this instance. Presumably you, as a non principal applicant are able to meet the "time spent in NZ" requirements of 184 days in each of the two 12 month periods preceding the date of application for your PRV?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    you should each make separate applications for a PRV in this instance. Presumably you, as a non principal applicant are able to meet the "time spent in NZ" requirements of 184 days in each of the two 12 month periods preceding the date of application for your PRV?
    Thanks Chris, yes we can both meet the "time spent in NZ'' requirements.

So we each fill out separate forms and don't mention each other on the applications? Is there any point in sending the applications in together if this is the case?

Cheers

No, there's no point.