Thread: Senior Immig Officer Assigned under SMC. Urgent Help needed!!!

Default Senior Immig Officer Assigned under SMC. Urgent Help needed!!!

Hi Karen/JandM/other team members

I had applied for my residency under SMC. Senior Immig Officer assigned. Asked me for pay slips, Ird summary. One question in EOI stating Have you ever been refused any visa/permit in any country including New Zealand? I unintentionally ticked NO. Instead of yes. My previous application had been refused. However, in the security form I did confess that I have been refused and reasons mentioned too. But this was my bad and was not ticked purposely. It was an error by me, I Agree. In regards to that, Officer has asked to explain the reason why I had ticked NO.

I need urgent help from champions here to guide me what I should comment on the above question.

Thank you for the help in my previous posts especially Karen and JandM

Cheers

Hello Shri. This is normal practice where there is any concern or what is known as "potentially prejudicial information" about an applicant. You now need to write a simple letter explaining the truth about why you ticked "No". If you want, you can send me a Private Message and I will give you my email address. You are welcome to draft the letter and send it to me to look at. I am not offering to represent you, as I would have to charge you for that, but I will willingly look at your letter and make suggestions for improvement without charging you. Don't be surprised if you get a second letter. INZ is only trying to ensure that you have had every opportunity to present all the facts before they make a decision. Kind regards. Karen

I am trying to find Pmng

Probably need reply 5 posts

Hopefully next one

Sorry to push through many posts. Where to find PVmsgng?

Thanks

hello, Shri:
    I used to got same problem as you, and I also unintentionally ticked NO for that question, and I am even worse that for National security check form, I also tick "no". I write the explain letter but still been declined for my application. I am trying to apply again now.
    So to be honest, I cant really help a lot.
    I just positively thinking, you may can mention that you have already say "yes" in your national check form, so you indeed not purpose to do that, you just unconsciously made a mistake. and also you can say could you made a appointment with your CO, that give you a chance to show there is no reason for you to hidden the visa decline experience, it has no influence with your visa decision (although I don't know what the reason for visa decline)... Try to be sincerely, and make them believe you are not purpose to do that.
    This only my opinion, hope it may help.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Sorry to push through many posts. Where to find PVmsgng?

Thanks
    You've probably got your PMing enabled now - the site does it automatically, and it can take a while after the fifth post. You click on anybody's username over one of their posts, and you'll see PMing as one of the options in the drop-down box.