Thread: Exclude Partner at ITA stage and Consequence.

Exclamation Exclude Partner at ITA stage and Consequence.

I'm facing a critical condition now.
    -I submitted my EOI with claiming 245 points include (20 points) for my partner.
    -I received ITA now and require to submit all documents.
    -My partner is holding NZ student Visa now and she is under scholarship contract from her citizenship country.
    -As mentioned in her contract, she is not allowed to hold residency of any other country while she is student, and she insist to keep her student visa.

Q1- If I don't supply Partnership document with ITA, do I lose only 20 points?, so I will be safe with 225 points as well
    Q2- Is my Application going to be declined instantly ?

Looking forward for your advice,

If your points total is accurate, then you should be fine. You will just lose the 20 points. Make the amendment on the page provided for this in the form and also explain in a cover letter that you have realised that if your partner is included in the residence application at this stage, she will lose her scholarship. Continue to declare her existence as your partner but make it clear she is not wanting to residence status in NZ at the moment. That way you can later apply for residence for her as your partner after her education is finished.

Appreciate Karen for your comprehensive reply.

why would you want to claim 245 points! If you have a job offer you need 100. Stop there. If not stop at 140. You don't get any advantage by claiming excessive points. Keep it simple.