Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest analysis of ICT jobs in NZ

Default Latest analysis of ICT jobs in NZ

If you want to know the current state of the ICT jobs market in NZ, take a look at http://wp.me/p3Xjgn-d6.
    Cheers. Karen

Hi Karen i was wondering if you can help me here, i applied for essential skill visa. I have got job offered in service management role in retailing. Due to short time adv ran for one week. We couldnt adv on winz as my job also listed under anzesco as a title 'service manager'. Immigration ask for clarifications that they are not satisified with the attempt of hiring people from NZ, and they think there are people suitable for this role.
    Can u help what kind of clarifications we can give. My employer is supportive and helpful. I am very much disturbed and ur reply on that will be really appreciated.! Thanks a lot

Hi Rainy. Even though your job is listed on ANZSCO, unless it is with an accredited employer or on one of the skills shortage lists, the employer must provide evidence that they have made a reasonable effort to recruit a NZer. Even if it is on a shortage list, the person wanting the work visa must also match the qualification and/or exprerience criteria. How much effort they have to have made depends to some extent on the Skill Level of the job. If it is Level 4 or below, they definitely need to have advertised it for at least 3 weeks and placed the advert with WINZ. If this employer has run a sereis of adverts for this occupation recently and can prove that they have never successfully been able to recruit a NZer, this might be sufficient. Otherwise, all they can do is re-advertise the vacancy, place the advert with WINZ and wait and see what happens. They should keep detailed records of how many people apply, of which how many were NZers and also had the required qualifcations and /or experience. If any do, they need to be interviewed and if not recruited a reason needs to be give for not recruiting them. Also, if the training and experience requirement is comparatively low level, INZ could reasonably argue that it would not take long to train a NZer to do the job. INZ have to protect NZ residents and citizens. I know this must seem really tough for you, but this is what the regulations require. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. The thing is if Immigration has already done a check with work and income and they returned to them saying yes they have someone who is ready for this job. Then what we can do now? My manger can give explanation for the adv they have put on website, but what we can prove in terms of Winz? Thanks for your time.

Sorry - you are not giving me enough information to be able to help you accurately. I am dealing with a similar situation via Private message. If you are the same person who has given me all his details, then you have my answer. Otherwise, if the job is considered low level and it was not registerd with WINZ then you would be unlikely to get your visa if it isn't on a skills shortage list. All you can do is explain, if it is true, that the employer did advertise (but not for long enough) and had tried WINZ in the past and not had any success, so didn't bother this time (if that is the case). If your visa is declined, then the employer can advertise, register the vacancy with WINZ, wait for the three weeks and then, if you are the successful candidate, you can re-apply.

Thanks for ur help

Hi Karen
    How long will it take to process the work visa application after submitting the responses. Its been three days that i have submitted the responses for the concerns they have raised. And yes my employer is accredited employer, but my salary is not $55,000 per annum. So does it play any role in approving my essential work visa.
    Thanks a lot!

INZ officials deal with their caseload in rotation. After your CO sent out the query you have now replied to, your file will have gone to the back of the queue, and s/he will have gone on to the next case, then the next and the next and so on. Your reply will have been put in the file, but will not be looked at again until it works its way to the top of the pile and gets its next turn for the CO's attention. There is no way to tell an exact time when that will be.

Thanks Jand.

Hi can some one help me, i came to know that my visa officer got changed. I have already submitted the reaponses. Does anyone know why do they change the visa officer and does it mean that it will take more time on decesion? Little worried and confused. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast