Thread: INZ assistance for visa

Default INZ assistance for visa

Hi,

Some days ago I found a page (http://www.iaa.govt.nz/migrant/options/immigration.asp) about assistance from INZ that had the information below:

You can apply for your own New Zealand visa with assistance from Immigration New Zealand. Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is an official New Zealand Government department.
    INZ staff can help you:
    • understand what your visa options are
    • access the visa application forms you need
    • complete your visa application form
    • stay informed about the progress of your visa application
    • find out about New Zealand
    • with any immigration query
    • in most languages – just ask for a translator.

Now, the text of the page has been changed.

Can anyone say if INZ isn't supporting anymore this kind of assistance?

Thanks

Did you notice any date on the original page you have quoted from?

The reason I ask is that I don't ever remember hearing of this kind of service being available from INZ, not in the more than ten years since I got interested in NZ migration because my son was going there.

The INZ website has a mass of information on it, and it is a precious resource. But it doesn't give you human help with your decision making and actions when putting your application together.

Hello JandM,

I can't be precise on when I copied it, but it was some days ago. I'm collecting information on a Word document, that's why I have this link and the text.
    You can check it making a search on Google with: "You can apply for your own New Zealand visa with assistance"
    Paste this hole sentence on Google, between quotation marks, and you'll see what I'm saying.
    Try "understand what your visa options are" too, and you'll find the same link.

I can see the later version of the page by way of both searches.

I repeat, though, that I've never seen actual individual help with the application process on offer from INZ (or NZIS, as it used to be called). Notice that the page is part of the Immigration Advisers Authority, and you CAN get the personal service they're describing from one of those, for a professional fee.